Supplier Development Executive
Job Type: Full time
Would you like to kick start your career in a supportive, collaborative and innovative company?
Do you enjoy working as part of an enthusiastic, passionate, and collaborative team?
Join our Strategic Sourcing Team
The Strategic Sourcing team are responsible for managing and developing the strategic relationships with Softcat's distribution partners. Softcat procure 40% of what we sell via the distribution network and their performance is critical to the experience we deliver to our customers. The team are also responsible for the effective onboarding of new suppliers negotiating favourable terms and minimising risk to the business. The Supplier Development role is a newly created position to drive value and growth as part of an overall Supplier Development team within Strategic Sourcing.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a major UK success story in technology solutions. We're a £1 billion+ pa turnover business with offices nationwide and a sterling industry reputation. We help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. Our success is down to our people – and the platform we give them to prove their potential.
Be part of a team that enables business growth
As a Supplier Development Executive, you will have responsibility for maximising the value that our distribution partners deliver for Softcat and our customers. Having responsibility for specific partners, you will have a deep understanding of the vendors they supply and the procurement programmes for each of these vendors. You will improve the partners performance in line with the Softcat key priorities of providing the best customer service for the best market value.
As Supplier Development Executive, you'll be responsible for:
- Have an in-depth understanding of our key partners business, including the vendors they supply and their procurement programmes.
- Ensure we have strong relationships between partners and Softcat including the escalation process through to senior exec level.
- Understand agreed commercials and aligned vendors from the annual tender process and drive preferential terms for Softcat including payment terms, rebates and service levels.
We'd love you to have
- A strong influencer and communicator.
- Critical thinking, conflict resolution and problem solving skills
- An understanding of the IT Channel and its structure.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Hybrid working – 3days in the office and 2days working from home
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
To become part of the success story, please apply now
As part of our commitment to supporting, attracting and retaining the best diverse talent, Softcat is proud to partner with organisations like WORK180, My G Work and Black Young Professionals. Work 180 endorse employers that demonstrate on-going support for women at work, including offering benefits and policies that best support female employees. My G Work support us in our aim of attracting more LGBTQ+ talent. The BYP network support us in diversifying our talent pool by tapping into the black professional community.