Oracle Finance Systems Manager
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We are seeking an Oracle Finance Systems Manager to join our team based from our Head Office in London Bridge (hybrid working).
In this newly created role you will
- Provide systems support, guidance and training to users of the Oracle Financials/Procurement systems;
- Support the Oracle control environment around key external audit controls including change management, privileged access, password parameters and user access review;
- Support and extend the use of the Oracle Financials/Procurement systems to maximise benefit to SET;
- Identify process and systems improvements to the Oracle Financials/Procurement systems including discrete systems improvements projects;
- Share knowledge gained to other members of the team.
In addition the role will support the Finance and Business Planning teams in the development of their financial reporting and forecasting models/tools.
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this role we recommend you demonstrate the below in your application;
- Previous experience of providing technical IT support of core financial systems
- Understanding of reporting systems linked to Oracle Financials to include: Spreadsheet Server, TM1, More 4 Apps
- Ability to facilitate and implement changes (systems and/or processes)
- Finance background and understanding of all Oracle Financials modules
- Knowledge of systems that will interface or provide inputs to financial systems (Equinox, Maximo etc.)
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise own workload
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience of working as part of a team and autonomously
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales
- Ability to be flexible, and travel to various sites as appropriate
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern runs train services into London from Kent and East Sussex, operating almost 1,700 trains a day, carrying more than 400,000 passengers, serving 176 stations and covering 540 miles of track.
Just over 4,600 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are committed to being an inclusive employer, creating a workplace where everyone can come to work, feel safe and comfortable and able to do everything to the best of their ability. Read about some of the great Diversity and Inclusion initiatives our Head of Colleague Experience has been leading on here.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and it matters to us that our teams reflect the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
We have also won the Top Employer award at the Women in Rail Awards 2022!
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation. We are unable to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
SOUTHEASTERN is owned by SE Trains Ltd, a subsidiary of the Department for Transport’s public sector owning group, ‘DOHL.’ DOHL has responsibility for three rail companies, LNER, Northern Trains Limited and SE Trains.
SE Trains Limited