Driver Apprenticeship Learning Coach
Job Type: Full time
- Provide support and coaching to apprentices, as well as assessing the portfolio of evidence and performance of learners against the skills, knowledge and behaviour criteria laid out in the relevant apprenticeship standard.
- Communicating with learners, arranging progress reviews and supporting the completion of e-portfolios.
- Work effectively with Functional Skills tutors, Line Managers and the Training Team to ensure learners progress effectively and achieve their qualification.
- As a member of the HR team, play a broad role in the delivery of the HR business objectives.
Take a look at the video below to see what we achieved in 2023!:
- Work closely with the training team, maintaining an in-depth knowledge of subjects being delivered.
- Supporting and guiding learners in their development, measuring progress in skills, knowledge and behaviours.
- Maintaining effective and efficient administrative systems for recording learners progress towards agreed targets.
- Provide reports on Key Performance Indicators.
- Liaise with the department manager regarding learning targets and additional support for individual learners.
- Support the compilation of evidence including Journey Logs, observations, and professional discussions.
- Review, observe and assess work produced by learners to ensure it is of the appropriate standard.
- Prepare for and attend regular standardisation and review meetings.
- Track, monitor and report mandated ‘off the job’ training time for each learner.
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this role we recommend you demonstrate the below in your application;
Experience, Knowledge & Qualifications
- Hold or have held a full Train Drivers licence, with a clear safety record
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and IT applications. Experience in producing reports.
- Highly organised and methodical approach to work and able to meet deadlines.
- Able to build positive relationships with learners, key stakeholders, and colleagues.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Shows awareness of goals and standards, ensuring that quality and productivity standards are met.
- Analyses issues and breaks them down into component parts, making systematic and rational judgements based on relevant information.
- Have the initiative to work unsupervised, and undirected.
- Sets up and monitors timescales and plans.
- Proven ability to influence stakeholders and coach learners.
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern runs train services into London from Kent and East Sussex, operating almost 1,700 trains a day, carrying more than 400,000 passengers, serving 176 stations and covering 540 miles of track.
Just over 4,600 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are committed to being an inclusive employer, creating a workplace where everyone can come to work, feel safe and comfortable and able to do everything to the best of their ability. Read about some of the great Diversity and Inclusion initiatives our Head of Colleague Experience has been leading on here.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and it matters to us that our teams reflect the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
We have also won the Top Employer award at the Women in Rail Awards 2022!
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation. We are unable to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
SOUTHEASTERN is owned by SE Trains Ltd, a subsidiary of the Department for Transport’s public sector owning group, ‘DOHL.’ DOHL has responsibility for three rail companies, LNER, Northern Trains Limited and SE Trains.
SE Trains Limited