Financial Controller - IT
Location: Perth and Kinross, Renfrewshire
Job Type: Full time
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £20.5 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Glasgow / Perth
Salary: £63,000 - £94,400 + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSE Group Finance is looking for a Financial Controller to join their IT finance team based in Perth or Glasgow. Reporting directly into the Group Finance Director you will be responsible for maintaining an effective governance and control environment, as well as high quality management financial reporting for the division.
As this is a newly created role you will be expected to establish clear roles and responsibilities, building a strong team that can manage the day-to-day finance operations of the Corporate & shared IT business ensuring that we deliver accurate, reliable, and valuable information.
With ambitious NZAP+ targets SSE is currently undergoing significant growth. As the Financial Controller you will need to support the Head of Commercial Finance IT to provide valuable financial insight to the Chief Information Officer on the IT strategy to support that growth.
You will be required to work closely with a range of stakeholders including the IT Leadership Team, Commercial IT Finance, Finance Transformation and the business unit finance teams (responsible for IT in their respective areas) focusing on establishing best practice in reporting and processes for the IT business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Oversee day to day finance operations of the Corporate & Shared IT business providing accurate, reliable financial information.
- Responsibility for consolidating IT information from the business units, presenting a clear consolidated view of IT for the Group, challenging and validating as required.
- Work with the technical accounting team to establish a useful economic life policy for IT assets and work with the FD to establish a process that ensures we have full visibility of the assets and projects within the IT business.
- Build a proud and inclusive team ensuring appropriate development, coaching and performance.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Minimum 3 years post qualified experience with a natural passion for implementing process improvements and change.
- Ability to process and present large volumes of data in a clear, concise and accurate way.
- A strong background in management of a general accounting environment and experience of delivering a continuous improvement agenda.
- Strong knowledge of core financial systems and general accounting procedures.
In addition to the above you will be a good communicator, professional and diligent, with the ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure, whilst never compromising on the quality of your work. You will be flexible, adept at managing expectations and be able to adapt to changing business needs.
About our Business
Our SSE Finance function has a key part to play in fulfilling SSE's obligations as a UK-listed company, providing expertise and services that can be shared across the SSE Group, and working in partnership with all businesses to provide services tailored to their specific needs. SSE operates in a highly regulated and increasingly competitive environment, and our role is to ensure that we gather, compile, analyse and recommend on the financial strategy for our businesses, identifying opportunities to drive efficiencies and create value for SSE now, and in the future.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Francesca on firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 344763.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.