Control Room Operator - Seagreen Offshore Windfarm
Location: Aberdeen City, Angus Council, Angus Council, Dundee City Council
Job Type: Full time
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £20.5 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
Base Location: Seagreen Operations & Maintenance Hub, Montrose, Angus.
Salary: £39,415 - £45,136 + Shift Allowance + Performance-related Bonus + A range of other benefits to support your family, finances, and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Onshore | Shift Pattern
What is the Role?
Based in our dedicated control room in Montrose and working on a competitive shift pattern, you will play a pivotal role within the team monitoring, controlling and optimising the operation of Seagreen Offshore Wind Farm. You will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the assets and coordination of our offshore personnel and vessels, working to safely maximise generation.
Some of your main accountabilities will include:
- Coordinating personnel working offshore during operational and maintenance activities.
- Managing the safe and controlled release of Wind Turbine plant for maintenance under WTSR’s.
- Responding remotely to turbine and electrical system alarms.
- Monitoring, coordinating and reporting generation output and availability.
- Acting as central contact for co-ordination of emergency response and incident reporting.
- Obtain an authorisation to perform the duties of a System Controller under SSE’s HV Operational Safety Rules (OSR) and Operational Controller under the (WTSR’s) Wind Turbine Safety Rules.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience in a Control Room / Control Systems environment, preferably from an electrical, operations, production or marine environment, but more importantly, we're interested in seeing candidates with transferable skills involving knowledge of production or generation plant, operational maintenance etc.
- Knowledge of HV electrical safety rules and safe systems of work.
- A good understanding of electrical system operations with the ability to read and understand Electrical single line diagrams.
- The ability to stay calm and apply logical thinking in pressurised situations.
- The ability to work across multiple systems and processes, with varied and limited complexity.
- Strong SHE aptitude and ability to work as part of a team.
Due to the nature of this role, you may need to be on site at short notice, therefore, you should ideally reside, or be willing to relocate, to within 45mins travelling distance of the base location.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with competitive working rotation, 34 days holiday, plus enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Andrew on Andrew.Duncan2@sse.com/01738 275847.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
#LI-Hybrid OR #LI-Onsite