Overhead Lines Team Manager
Location: Dundee City Council, Perth and Kinross
Job Type: Full time
About the role
Base Location: Perth or Dundee
Salary: £44,195 - £50,611 + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
The Overhead Line Team Manager has the following responsibilities:
- Work with the Overhead Line Maintenance Teams to co-ordinate efficient and safe delivery of a wide range of key inspection and maintenance activities on our assets, covering the North East, Tayside, and Argyll & West.
- Responsible for the preparation, collation, co-ordination and reporting of key asset data from various existing asset software platforms, historical records and current yearly inspection and maintenance plans.
- You’ll identify and maximise opportunities and synergies with other key stakeholders for current and future performance in key areas of inspection and maintenance activities.
- The future successful integration with any new planned asset management systems will also be a key aspect.
- You will be required to provide leadership and direction, assisting to relay and execute plans for the Maintenance Managers.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- An understanding of the Transmission business and the environment we operate. Knowledge of current operations and maintenance activities including policies, procedures, electrical systems and their geography would be beneficial but not essential as informative training will be provided.
- Educated in a discipline relevant to this role and / or have previous experience working in a similar managerial or leadership role.
- Strong communication, high organisational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to manage varying deadlines and priorities, whilst maintaining positive working relationships. You should also be able to identify and implement innovative and effective business improvements.
- Safety is a key priority at SSEN and throughout everything you do. You should be passionate about safety, who will set and maintain high standards, promote a safe working environment, and a good safety culture throughout your team. You should be comfortable in challenging any unsafe behaviours or attitudes in a positive manner.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com / 01738 344049.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.
#LI-Hybrid OR #LI-Onsite