Land Manager Opportunities
Location: Aberdeen City, Argyll and Bute Council, Highland Council, Perth and Kinross, Renfrewshire
Job Type: Full time
- Responsible for securing, maintaining and managing robust land and property rights for projects across SSEN Transmission's network area.
- Responsible for successfully applying and implementing Land Assembly Strategy in order to deliver project programmes for Large Capital Projects across Base Capex, Customer Connections and Strategic Wider Works portfolios as well as managing risk to future Network security.
- Stakeholder engagement is an important element of this role, and you will have a wide array of stakeholders, both internal and external, to develop and maintain positive working relationships regarding policy over land and property rights, access and management of land as well as the approach to securing and maintaining rights in land and dealing with matters of valuation and compensation.
- The main stakeholder groups include landowners, tenants, their agents and relevant bodies such as local authorities, the Scottish Government Energy Consents Unit, Forestry and Land Scotland and local planning authorities.
- Good understanding of landownership systems in Scotland and practical knowledge of relevant land management matters.
- Solid knowledge of land and property rights, including good knowledge of wayleaves, servitudes and land acquisition.
- In depth understanding of the relevant sections of the Electricity Act 1989, the Land Compensation Act 1973 and the Compulsory Purchase Act 1965.
- Good understanding of energy networks and their structure and governance.
- Membership of Rural Professional Group of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors or the Central Association of Agricultural Valuers, or alternatively aspirations to work towards these which we are able to support.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.