P&C Manager - Cost Management
Location: Aberdeen City, Highland Council, Perth and Kinross, Renfrewshire
Job Type: Full time
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £20.5 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
Base Location: Scotland: Glasgow, Perth, Inverness, Aberdeen
Salary: £63,000 - £94,400+ car / allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
The Networks Transmission business is forecasting a £12Bn spend within the next 10 year spend where an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Procurement and Commercial Manager (Cost Management Lead).
You will support the Director of Procurement and all project teams in providing a world class cost management service for the SSEN Transmission business, ensuring all aspects of delivery are following internal controls as established through the Large Capital Projects Governance and Commercial Manuals.
- Develop, Implement and Oversee compliance with Cost Control Policy and Procedures for the SSEN Transmission business
- Provide Annual and Monthly Cost Management Portfolio Reports including assessments on Estimates of Completion and Value of Work Done Assessments
- Provide updates on the value of Portfolio Risk and provide policy and guidance on Risk Value Budget Drawdown
- Develop across all projects an approach to Earned Value Management
- Take a lead role in market cost trends (including tender returns) to enable predictive Cost Modelling Assessments and in the development and implementation of Cost Management Digital Solutions including integration with Digital Project Management solutions
- Ensure alignment and consistency across project teams within SSEN Transmission
- Provide a lead communication role with external stakeholders (e.g. Ofgem, Government Departments) on our cost management function and provide guidance and direction to all project teams regarding cost management external deliverables (e.g. submissions to Ofgem). As well as a strong interface and communications with key internal stakeholders, including Finance, Regulation and Project Services.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Can demonstrate experience and competency on all cost management issues including cost reporting, forecasting and accrual management
- Experience of taking a lead cost management role on £100m+ projects
- Has strong commercial acumen with well-developed interpersonal, problem-solving, communication and negotiation skills with demonstrable experience delivering large projects/programmes of work.
- Highly numerate with experience of interpreting numerical data & establishing trend analysis to support future forecasting
- Line management responsibilities ranging from Senior Cost Manager to Graduate level to team responsible for multiple large capital projects.
About our Business
At SSE, we own more than 500 property assets and several thousand land assets, which are located across the length and breadth of the UK and Ireland. Our Procurement & Commercial, Property and Facilities Management teams are responsible for helping the business to procure services and materials in a timely and cost-effective way, and for ensuring SSE offers a safe, modern, fit-for-purpose property portfolio. We work right across the SSE Group, ensuring our businesses gets the best possible service and value from our supplier network, as well as ensuring all service providers are compliant and continue to meet contractual obligations and business need.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Francesca on email@example.com / 01738 344763.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.