Mobile Maintenance Operative
Job Type: Full time
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £20.5 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Reading, Berkshire
Salary: £31,339 - £39,481 + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time
SSE Facilities Management department is looking to recruit a Mobile Maintenance Operative (Electrical or Mechanical Bias) for Reading to provide a service to the Company’s corporate sites in respect of maintenance/service/repairs and installation of a variety of building services. The successful person must be multi-skilled with an Electrical or Mechanical related base trade qualification. You must be able to demonstrate multi-trade experience within a similar role, able to achieve the highest level of customer service, work under pressure, possess a flexible approach and be prepared to travel. Experience working with various plant such as - Air Handling Units, Air Conditioning, Generators, Boilers, Plumbing, Electrical, UPS and Fire alarm systems.
Key accountabilities include:
- Undertaking maintenance repairs, installation, or servicing work as detailed by the FM Maintenance Supervisor/FM Maintenance Manager.
- Carrying out multi skilled activities within the Facilities Management remit.
- Observing and complying with all SSE work practices and to ensure compliance with the appropriate Health & Safety statutory requirements at all times.
- Carrying out site inductions, escort and issue permits for third party contractors attending SSE sites to conduct works.
- Participating in the Company's out of hours emergency standby rota as required.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Previous experience working in a commercial Facilities Management/Maintenance related environment, and able to demonstrate multi-trade experience within a similar role.
- Qualified to City & Guilds/SVQ/NVQ Level 3 or equivalent.
- Ability to support and contribute to M&E and building fabric maintenance.
- A good knowledge of health and safety legislation & requirements.
- Experience of working with various plant such as air handling units, air conditioning, generators, boilers, plumbing, electrical, UPS, and fire alarm systems.
- This role will require travel between sites therefore a flexible approach and full driving license is essential.
About our Business
At SSE, we own more than 500 property assets and several thousand land assets, which are located across the length and breadth of the UK and Ireland. Our Procurement & Commercial, Property and Facilities Management teams are responsible for helping the business to procure services and materials in a timely and cost-effective way, and for ensuring SSE offers a safe, modern, fit-for-purpose property portfolio. We work right across the SSE Group, ensuring our businesses gets the best possible service and value from our supplier network, as well as ensuring all service providers are compliant and continue to meet contractual obligations and business need.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com / 01738 344763
EXTERNAL: Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.