Energy Markets - Settlements Analyst
Location: Perth and Kinross
Job Type: Contract/temp
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £20.5 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a crucial role in the net zero transition, ensuring we have the energy supplies required to meet the needs of our customers; procuring the fuel required by the generation plants and selling the power output from our renewable and low-carbon thermal assets.
Join us on our journey to net zero, and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Perth – this is a hybrid role working a minimum 2-3 days per week from the office at the advertised location.
Salary: £39,415 - £45,136 + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: up to 12 month Fixed Term Contract | Full Time | Flexible First options available
As a Settlements Analyst you will be responsible for the operation of various tasks including managing contracts across the generation portfolio ensuring all terms are met (e.g. financial, regulatory). You will extract and analyse data to ensure the accuracy of volumes, charges and receipts. Managing the full invoice lifecycle process for various contracts, minimising risk and bad debt, whilst ensuring business tools are robust & auditable. You will deliver a high-quality, professional customer experience, and manage expectations of both internal and external stakeholders effectively. As part of your role you will:
- Provide management and settlement of various accounts and contracts.
- Develop and enhance data analysis and workflow management tools.
- Interpret complex contract and industry information from various sources and present in a format to suit the target audience.
- Working closely with internal and external stakeholders to address any issues within contractual and industry defined timelines.
- Working across the team to support the delivery of Energy Markets strategy.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Previous experience working within a relevant analytical role, with excellent analytical skills with great attention to detail.
- IT Literate using Microsoft packages with a good knowledge of more complex excel formulas (pivot tables, vlookup).
- You will have strong interpersonal skills; you’ll work well with others and build and sustain relationships at all levels.
- You will have experience of working at pace to achieve key deliverables and will be adept at both supporting and managing multiple stakeholders.
- You will be a self-starter and be able to work independently, proactively, as well as being structured and organised in your approach.
- Strong sense of curiosity and keen interest in problem solving, with demonstrated experience in using initiative and ownership for successful delivery of work.
About our Business
Energy Markets (EM) is the heart of the SSE Group, securing value for SSE's asset portfolios in wholesale energy markets as we move towards our vision of being a leading energy company in a net zero world. We play a critical role as the short-term energy market asset optimiser, and a long-term energy market adviser, for all SSE's Business Units (across SSE's Wind, Hydro, Low Carbon Thermal, Distributed Energy and Customer portfolios). This role for EM enables SSE to focus its investment in energy markets capabilities (including Trading, Risk Management, Energy Economics, Settlements and Advanced Analytics) in one centre of excellence, with these enhanced capabilities supporting value creation and decision making across the SSE Group.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Lynsey at email@example.com or on 01738 340426.
EXTERNAL: Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.
INTERNAL: As a courtesy, please let your current line manager know you are applying.