Senior SHE Assurance Manager
Location: Aberdeen City, Belfast, County Dublin, Highland Council, Perth and Kinross, Portsmouth, Reading, Renfrewshire
Job Type: Contract/temp
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £20.5 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK or Ireland sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading, Havant, Belfast or Dublin.
Salary: £53,100 - £79,700 + car /car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Fixed Term Contract (18 months) | Full Time | Flexible First options available
As a Senior SHE Assurance Manager at SSE, you'll play a pivotal leadership role, requiring your expertise in developing and overseeing a robust assurance process aligned with group policies and risk profile. Your responsibilities include actively engaging with stakeholders to ensure effective application of SSE SHE Management Standards across all business areas, making your technical qualifications and leadership experience crucial. Your focus will be on fostering a culture of continual improvement, helping business areas meet SSE and legislative requirements, and sharing best practice. The role calls for your ability to challenge the status quo, lead the transition to an enhanced assurance process, and demonstrate strong collaboration, influencing, and communication skills with SSE Business Unit Leaders and Support Services. Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Ensuring the SHE Assurance Team is trusted to deliver across SSE, building strong collaborative relationships with SHE Programmes, Business Units Assurance teams, Group Services Assurance functions and external bodies.
- Enhancing end-to-end processes through innovative and pragmatic approaches, ensuring a seamless transition to an improved assurance system. Analyse, prepare, plan, organize, and control technical documentation in line with company document control procedures and relevant SHE Assurance standards.
- Drive the execution of the annual Group SHE audit plan, ensuring efficient delivery as well as leading on complex Business Unit and Contract Partner audits with a focus on quality output and service.
- Ensuring a consistent high standard of accurate reporting for all elements of the audit process, including audit reports, analysis trending, managements reviews and end of year performance. Tailoring content to Executive Committee and Business Unit Representatives.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Significant experience as a Lead Auditor to ISO 45001 and ISO 14001, along with knowledge and experience of managing a SHE Assurance function in the energy sector or a high hazard industry e.g. construction, offshore, petrochemical/pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering SHE Assurance plans across a large organisation, including experience of drafting clear, fact-based audit and assurance reports and supporting documentation.
- Experience in project management, having a demonstrable track record of the delivery of projects on time and to quality.
- Demonstrable experience of SHE Management Systems, as well as strong working knowledge and understanding of SHE legislative frameworks and associated management systems in UK and Ireland. Knowledge of international equivalents would be desirable.
- Registered IRCA Lead Auditor or equivalent professional body or working towards this.
About our Business
At SSE, Safety is our number one value. We live by the mantra if it's not safe, we don't do it and this is the key objective of our Safety teams. Whether it be our own people, or a focus on our customers and communities, our SHE Teams are responsible for ensuring we minimise risk and get everyone safely at the end of the working day.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact email@example.com / 01738 351671.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.