Project Risk Analyst
Location: Aberdeen City, Berkshire, Dundee City Council, England, England, Hampshire, Hampshire, Hampshire, Hampshire, Hampshire, Hampshire, Highland Council, Isle of Wight, Oxfordshire, Perth and Kinross, Portsmouth, Reading, Renfrewshire, Swindon, Wiltshire, Wiltshire
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
Base Location: Perth, Glasgow, Inverness, Dundee, Aberdeen, Berkshire, Hampshire, Wiltshire, Oxfordshire or Buckinghamshire
Salary: £33,500 - £50,300 + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSEN are looking to recruit a Risk Analyst as part of the Large Capital Delivery (LCD) team, focused on delivery of major projects in our license areas over the next price control period. In this position the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the 2 licence areas for the Large Capital Delivery (LCD) programme have an effective approach to risk management that is being actively managed within the business.
- The development and implementation of a new portfolio wide risk management strategy, working closely with the Heads of Large Capital Delivery & Project Delivery Teams to manage and maintain the relevant risk registers, frameworks and reporting systems.
- Working closely with our Project Delivery Team supply chain to ensure compliance with our designated risk management procedures and risk management is being observed & make recommendations to the LCD Management team where risk weaknesses are identified or good practices are being performed.
- Ensuring risk targets are understood and guiding risk performance across LCD to ensure risk is managed effectively, identifying opportunities for future success.
- Risk Reporting (KPI's) & Implementation of Risk Management Systems – assisting with the embedding of a comprehensive risk reporting system & ensuring it is updated and reporting to snr management to allow effective decision making.
- Supporting and coaching LCD Project Teams, ensuring compliance with Risk Management Procedures including Large Capital Project (LCP) Governance Framework.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Proven understanding and experience of project, programme and portfolio risk management, with ability to support and advise on the application of effective risk management.
- Knowledge of external and internal risk factors for large capital or infrastructure projects.
- Proven risk management skills with relevant experience in a similar industry with experience working with multiple and complex data sets.
- Collaborative team player, able to work across disciplines and with colleagues ensuring collective accountability and individual responsibility for task ownership is clear and objectives are delivered.
- Excellent and effective communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability and tact to impact and influence positively at functional levels.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.9 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 4,200 highly skilled people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital for the future. We power communities to thrive today and create a net-zero tomorrow. Why not join us and help power change, we're looking for great people who love working with others to achieve great results. You'll be empowered to make the right decisions for our customers and have the space to take accountability for the work you do. You'll be working as part of a bigger team, enabling net-zero, so team work will be essential. As a part of our business, you become part of something bigger – an established company with a reputation for looking after our people, offering secure and rewarding roles where safety is our number one priority.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Jim on email@example.com or 01738 341514.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.