Project Manager - Interfaces
Location: Aberdeen City, Highland Council, Perth and Kinross, Renfrewshire
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
Base Location: Aberdeen, Inverness or Perth
Salary: £45,400 - £79,700 + car / car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSEN Transmission Offshore Development Team are currently recruiting for an Interface Project Manager to manage the successful interface of varying scopes related to the Eastern Green Link 3 Project. This exciting project comprises of High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) Converter Stations and associated civils works, subsea cable installation and AC connections. This project is part of a wider portfolio which over the next decade will directly facilitate Scotland's ambitions to meet Net-Zero.
The scale of the SSENT Offshore portfolio of projects is already large and is likely to grow in the coming years, meaning there will likely be opportunities for progression within the business.
The key duties and responsibilities of this role will be:
- Taking a lead role in the management of activities between HVDC converter, HVDC cable and civil contract scopes, including onshore and offshore interface points, coordination of disciplines and workstreams as identified within the approved organisational model and RACI matrix, becoming the focal point for coordinating interfaces for the Eastern Green Link 3 project and other interfacing projects.
- Responsible for developing and managing the interface management plan, maintaining RACI matrix, and establishing procedures to ensure alignment across the different contract Lots.
- Identification of issues with potential impact for cost or programme to minimise or remove their impact and promote clear, accurate, timely and consistent communication with other contracts for exchange of interface information and effective design milestone handover.
- Support the proper assessment and reporting of risk relating to interfaces and for recommending business solutions for identifying risk reduction / mitigation measures through the KERIS risk management platform.
- Support project governance activities, progressing the project through Gate 2 to Gate 3 in accordance with Large Capital Projects governance framework requirements.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Extensive experience in project development and delivery with direct responsibility and experience in the management of design interfaces between multiple contractors and the timely identification, analysis and resolution of project risks in relation to cost and programme.
- Hold an appropriate Engineering degree, be a Chartered Engineer (or someone working towards this) be well rehearsed in health and safety legislation practices with working knowledge of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015. A Project Management qualification would be valuable.
- Experience in the Transmission industry, construction, or the utilities sector on major projects.
- Ability to manage interfaces with design teams from contractors and SHET with experience of the reporting and management of requirements that come with such a role.
- An understanding of developing and managing integrated project contracts and programmes, an understanding of FIDIC contracts would be valuable.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online by attaching both a cv and covering letter and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Debbie on firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 342939.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.