Senior Security Engineer
Location: Portsmouth, Reading
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
Base Location: Reading or Havant
Salary: Competitive + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
SSE require a Senior Security Engineer to provide IT development and support to the Cyber Risk and Information Security team, who deliver enabling change via the Security Improvement Portfolio.
The role of the information security Engineer demands business insight; technical acuity; and the ability to think, communicate and write at various levels of abstraction.
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Reliability: Works closely with enterprise architects, security architects, solution architects and other functional teams.
- Stakeholders: Champions the Security Improvement Programme and supports the team in engaging with technical leads to ensure that design and implementation of changes across the platform are efficient and aligned with the security technical roadmap.
- Modernising: Takes a lead role in the engineering delivery of incremental Cyber Security initiatives; sharing security standards with delivery partners and gives engineering guidance into the overall growth and modernisation of Cyber Security.
- Quality: Provide support in ensuring the quality of the technical application elements of internal projects throughout the development lifecycle. Undertake the validation and verification of technical deliverables through QA and test processes.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- You will need to work as part the team to help develop and troubleshoot solutions needs, so a technical track record of delivering solutions within Cyber Security; with exposure to technologies and processing environments such as the following would be great.
- Powershell scripting experience.
- Microsoft security stack experience including but not limited to Endpoint Defender and Sentinel.
- Azure - Experience of PaaS components (API Management Gateway / App Gateway / Azure Firewall etc.).
- Knowledge and experience of implementing Security standards (CIS / NIST) using automation.
About our Business
SSE IT underpins the technology needs of all the different businesses that make up the SSE group. From emerging technologies to data and analytics to cyber security - we power SSE's growth and enable it to generate value, while keeping it secure. As a trusted business partner that helps SSE lead in a low carbon world, we are proud of our service. Working for SSE IT is all about equipping SSE for now and the future.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact David on David.Brickell@sse.com / 01738 275846.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.