Project Manager - Digital Services
Location: Aberdeen City, Highland Council, Perth and Kinross, Renfrewshire
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
Base Location: Aberdeen, Inverness or Perth
Salary: £45,400 - £68,200 + car /car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
The Eastern Green Link Programme is a multi-billion pound Programme currently comprised of two projects (Eastern Green Link 2 enters execution and Eastern Green Link 3 is pre construction), both of which are being delivered via Joint Venture with National Grid. Both projects are focusing on the development of Eastern HVDC Subsea Links which will connect Scotland and England to support the transfer of renewable electricity to key UK centres of demand. This will be the largest programme of work that SSEN Transmission will be involved in over the next decade.
The key duties and responsibilities of the Project Manager – Digital Services are:
- Drive the definition and design of a holistic 'To-be' Operating Model for SSENT and NGET Joint Ventures, covering systems, processes and people.
- Support the development and maintenance of an 'As-Is' systems architecture, which clearly articulates how both organisations are integrated.
- Develop and rollout a delivery roadmap, which clearly articulates how the 'To-Be' integrated Operating Model will be designed and implemented, including Change Management deliverables.
- Engage support functions (including IT) within both organisations to understand their current delivery roadmap and factor in Eastern Green Link project requirements and identify any project capability gaps and work with the project team and support functions to design and implement acceptable interim solutions.
- Support the Head of Project Services in ensuring the Joint Venture Operating Model meets all Regulatory, IT Security etc. requirements, as defined by both parent organisations and drive alignment with internal governance processes and ensure any Operating Model solutions are signed off by relevant stakeholders.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Strong Project Management experience, particularly with an IT/systems focus and experience of Agile methodologies.
- Experience in the design and implementation of large scale operating models.
- Experience within the Transmission industry.
- Strong stakeholder and communications experience and proven ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams (e.g. solution architects, IT Security).
- Ability to work in fast paced environments, to pressurised deadlines and ability to navigate uncertain/changing requirements.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 342939.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.