Renewable Project Management Apprentice
Location: Renfrewshire, Suffolk
Job Type: Full time
Renewable Project Management Apprentice – August 2024 Intake
Base Location: Lowestoft (Suffolk) / Glasgow
Salary: Circa £21,054 + plus a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing, and family.
Working Pattern: Full Time | Flexible First options available
About the Role:
In alignment with our growth plans, we are looking for an Apprentice Project Manager within our Offshore Asset Management Department. Offshore Asset Management focuses on delivery of production and delivery targets across the portfolio of operating assets and those in the development and construction stages. You will be based within the Asset Management Excellence team who are responsible for development of Strategy, Operational Projects, Integration & Performance Improvement across the Offshore Wind Portfolio. This includes supporting future projects pre and post auction and ensuring projects are delivered in line with current Operational Strategy.
As an Apprentice Project Manager you will be expected to provide support and assistance to Project Managers in their day to day tasks delivering projects and support to the wider business. Through assisting the existing team, and completing appropriate training, you will gain the skills and experience that will allow you to expand your role within the team and become more independent in your daily activities.
Once you have gained the appropriate training, skills and experience, you will begin to take on various projects of your own to lead and become a fully-fledged Project Manager. In this role you will be expected to independently lead projects, carrying out activities such as Health and Safety guidance to contractors, client communications, resource management, financial management of a project, scheduling and various other Project Management functions.
You will work towards a Level 4 apprenticeship qualification.
- The programme can take 2 years to complete and is centred on work-based learning and training linked directly to the job.
- By the end of the programme you’ll have gained valuable on-the job experience, new skills and an industry recognised accreditation, that will offer you the opportunity to build a rewarding and successful career in the energy sector.
- You will be supported by our Apprentice Programme Manager, a dedicated mentor, your SSE colleagues who you'll work with during your on the job training and also by the support you will receive from your college tutors.
- Your training will be delivered by one of our training partners and will be delivered over 12 months via a hybrid model of both virtual and face to face delivery.
What do I need?
We’re looking to recruit the best future talent for our sector –
To be considered for this role you'll need to have an HNC/HND in any subject other than Project Management as this is the qualification path for the programme. You'll need to have this before the start date in August.
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to use your initiative, be resilient to the continual changes within our sector and always focussed on delivering great results.
- A delivery focussed approach to work, with the ability to oversee multiple projects and prioritise risks and actions effectively.
- You'll need good planning, organisation and communication skills.
- You’ll have a thirst for knowledge and be able to pick up new skills quickly, working with others to achieve common goals and adjusting your behaviour to reflect the diversity of our workforce and customer base.
- Naturally, you’ll have a focus on safety and will adhere to our company motto “if it’s not safe, we don’t do it.”
- Ability to take part in planned domestic travel.
About our Business
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £12.5 billion in low carbon projects over the next 5 years, our SSE Renewables (SSER) business continues to be at the forefront of our growth plans, and our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be submitted online.
The deadline to submit your application is Sunday, 10th March 2023.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by email or you are very welcome to request a call if you would prefer to discuss on the phone.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you’ll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check. Please note that SSE are unable to sponsor any candidates for our apprentice, trainee engineer and summer placement opportunities as these roles would not meet the Home Office eligibility criteria for sponsorship.