Value Improvement Manager
Location: Aberdeen City, Highland Council, Perth and Kinross, Portsmouth, Reading, Renfrewshire
Job Type: Full time
SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £20.5 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible UK, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading or Havant.
Salary: £53,100 - £79,700 depending on skills and experience + up to 10% performance-related bonus + a range of benefits to support your finances, wellbeing and family.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
As Value Improvement Manager, you'll be responsible for managing the process of value improvement across all packages of work on Berwick Bank Wind Farm, with particular focus on the four main categories – Wind Turbine Generators, Foundations, Electrical Systems and O&M.
Some of your other main accountabilities will include;
- The delivery of value improvement strategies, through the evaluation and consideration of opportunities that support the development of a fully optimised Business Case.
- Act as the focal point for engagement on value optimisation across the project team.
- Work closely with the Senior Commercial Manager and Finance Team to deliver Financial Close and subsequently through construction. This will involve assisting with due diligence, advisor management and lenders queries whilst providing value add input to the Project Development Plan and Business Case.
- Producing decision-enabling financial analysis to assess ongoing value improvements and commercial optimisation on the project's business case.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Experience within a similar role where you have worked with others to identify value, assess it and drive it forward into the business case.
- Proven ability, drive and initiative in creating workstreams which challenge the norms and then integrate into a business case.
- Knowledge and understanding of the inputs and outputs of financial modelling.
- Extensive experience in presenting to senior stakeholders in a clear and concise manner that will allow key decisions to be made
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Pamela on email@example.com / 01738 342002.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.