Development Safety & CDM Advisor
Location: Aberdeen City
Job Type: Full time
About the role
Base Location: Aberdeen
Salary: £38,700 - £58,100 + car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
At SSE, Safety is our number one value. We live by our licence, if it's not safe, we don't do it. We focus on ensuring that we have no injuries or serious environmental incidents and that people are healthy and happy at work. Our Safety Health and Wellbeing (SHW) function helps our teams across SSE to deliver this and ensure that we get everyone home safely at the end of the working day.
The Development Safety & CDM Advisor is a highly technical, competent, professional role in the Offshore Delivery team that provides proactive and pragmatic Safety & CDM advice and guidance to internal customers during the Pre-Construction phase of Projects. The Development Safety & CDM Advisor is responsible for helping to ensure risks are identified and addressed by promoting a practical understanding across all Safety & CDM processes. The person in the role is key to ensuring compliance with Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015 within the Client and Principal Designer teams.
Your responsibilities include:
- Assisting Project teams with a range of safety advice and support throughout the pre-construction / development phases; before handover to the execution teams, to ensure the successful implementation of the SHW Management System.
- Ensuring readiness and overseeing site activities conducted during the pre-construction phase.
- Driving safety standards and continuous improvement across the Business.
- Developing and reviewing Client, Principal Designer and Contractor safety related documentation in a timely manner and to a high standard.
- Attending and actively participating in risk assessments to identify, communicate, and reduce risk.
- Championing the use of SSE’s Safety Licence: if it’s not safe, we don’t do it!
- Developing trusted working relationships with key stakeholders is essential, as is improving the safety culture throughout all aspects of the Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks business.
- The role shall be predominantly office / home based with weekly site visits to Peterhead.
What do I need?
- You should have demonstrable qualifications and experience in safety on large construction projects, with a pragmatic, flexible, people centred approach.
- You should have sound knowledge and application of Health & Safety legislation, in particular Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015.
- You'll demonstrate professional internal and external stakeholder management skills to drive cross business collaboration to build a high performing, commercially and customer focused safety culture.
- You should hold a graduate qualification in Occupational Safety (e.g. NEBOSH Diploma) or relevant equivalent or be able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge through experience. Membership of IOSH (or equivalent organisation) is also preferred.
- You should be an excellent communicator with a natural ability for building and maintaining relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. You'll have the ability to use a wide range of techniques to influence change at all levels of the organisation and will possess a well-structured, systematic approach with the ability to identify and analyse complex technical issues and understand risks in order to provide appropriate solutions.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Iona on email@example.com / 01738 344049.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.
#LI-Hybrid OR #LI-Onsite