Location: England, Greater London, Greater Manchester, Perth and Kinross, Reading, Renfrewshire, Tyne and Wear, Tyne and Wear, West Midlands
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible UK & Ireland | We're proud to offer a Flexible First approach to work, and this role is no exception. We will, however need your base 'home' location to be one of our SSE offices or depots around the UK and Ireland.
Salary: £45,500-£68,200 + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent and Flexible First options available
Main Purpose of the Job
The Contracts Manager will play a pivotal role in SSE by driving our ambition to become a market leading business. You will do so by helping us define the business propositions and providing commercial leadership and governance on opportunities for the different business offerings within Digital Services. As Senior Contracts manager your role will involve, structuring, drafting, negotiation, execution and performance management of all contracts.
- Support the contract structuring, drafting, negotiation and execution of contracts, for all the business units within the Digital Services team, while adhering to all SSE governance policies and procedures.
- Work closely with Legal and Project Management team to complete SSE governance process through to approval/signature.
- Work closely with Business Development and project development teams to inform shape of deals and support the project development process from initial concept development to proposal and contract.
- Assist in the production and presentation of commercial business case reports and presentations during the governance process.
- Maintain and update the contracts register for the Digital Services team.
- Supporting the wider commercial and business development teams within Enterprise business on development and execution of client bids, JV, ESCO, Acquisition, divestment or M&A activity.
What do I need?
To be considered for the role, we would love you to have;
- Relevant professional or academic qualification and/or a proven background and experience in an energy related commercial and contractual environment.
- Experience on how to operate in a large business and the challenges and intricacies of operating successfully within a matrix management structure.
- experience in structuring, drafting and negotiating contracts and dispute resolution
- understanding governance process and procedures for a large business, specifically related to commercial and procurement activities
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Understanding of energy technologies and solutions for flexible energy generation and the relevant market arrangements for flexibility
About our Business
SSE Enterprise Utilities is the Distributed Energy (DE) and Private Networks business of SSE plc. We finance, own, operate and maintain energy infrastructure for commercial, industrial and residential customers - providing them with a market leading project development service and certainty of operational performance and asset management.
SSE Digital Services Limited is a subsidiary of SSE Enterprise focusing on developing digital products and services for demand side (energy consumption data monitoring, analytics, insights and management) and supply side (distributed energy asset optimisation and access to market)
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.