Occupational Safety Adviser
Location: Perth and Kinross
Job Type: Contract/temp
About the role
Base Location: Perth
Salary: £45,400 - £68,200 + car allowance + performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: 1 Year Fixed Term Contract (maternity cover) | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
At SSE, Safety is our number one value. We live by our licence, if it's not safe, we don't do it. We focus on ensuring that we have no life-changing injuries or serious environmental incidents and that people are healthy and happy at work. Our SHE function helps our teams across SSE to deliver this and ensure that we get everyone home safe at the end of the working day.
The duties and responsibilities of the Occupational Safety Advisor include:
- To provide excellent customer service, being responsible for helping to effectively mitigate risks by raising awareness and promoting a practical and professional understanding of occupational safety.
- Provision of support and advice to projects and our operational business during a significant period of growth for our network; and the development and continual improvement of the occupational safety elements of the Transmission Safety Health and Wellbeing Management System, including provision of information, instruction and training and active/reactive monitoring of SHE performance.
- Provide positive engagement and support to ensure remedial actions arising from audits and investigations are implemented; ensuring incidents are reviewed, recorded, communicated and reported at the correct levels, with actions closed out.
- Developing trusted working relationships with key stakeholders is essential, as is improving the safety culture throughout all aspects of the Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks Transmission business.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Demonstrable qualifications and experience in safety and risk management, with a pragmatic, flexible, people centred approach.
- Professional internal and external stakeholder management skills to drive cross business collaboration to build a high performing, commercially and customer focused safety culture.
- A graduate qualification in Occupational Safety (e.g. NEBOSH Diploma) or relevant equivalent or be able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge through experience. Membership of IOSH (or equivalent organisation) is also preferred. You will also have detailed knowledge of qualitative and quantitative risk assessment.
- Be an excellent communicator with a natural ability for building and maintaining relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Due to the level of mobility required in this role, a full UK driving licence is essential.
About our Business
SSEN Transmission owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and we’ll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Iona on email@example.com / 01738 344049.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.