Social Media Officer
Job Type: Full time
About the Role
Base Location: Portsmouth
Salary: £26,609 - £30,472 + generous shift allowance + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time, Shift Worker | Office based
We are looking for a Social Media Officer to join our team in Portsmouth.
We are looking for someone who is outgoing, engaging and creative. Someone with excellent interpersonal and organisational skills and great attention to detail.
Interviews will be conducted 22nd and 23rd February
Roles & responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- This role's core responsibility is to manage the day to day running of the Networks social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social platforms) and the SSEN Website.
- Manage customer enquiries and complaints on social media, track network damage, maintain customer satisfaction above 9/10, update business webpages as requested, run social media campaigns aligning with business goals, and plan daily posts for the upcoming week.
- Providing analytics reports for business areas, including reach, engagement, website analytics and sentiment scoring are also key to this role.'
We are a 24/7 department working 365 days a year delivering an industry leading experience to our customers. A mixture of earlies, mids, lates and night shift working will be required. Stand-by is also required.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- Previous experience in a customer service role (written/face to face/telephone).
- Experience in handling complaints.
- Flexibility and willingness to support the department when required.
- Experience in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with different Social Media platforms. The ability to adapt to different audiences.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.9 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 4,200 highly skilled people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital for the future. We power communities to thrive today and create a net zero tomorrow. Why not join us and help power change, we're looking for great people who love working with others to achieve great results. You'll be empowered to make the right decisions for our customers and have the space to take accountability for the work you do. You’ll be working as part of a bigger team, enabling net zero, so teamwork will be essential. As a part of our business, you become part of something bigger – an established company with a reputation for looking after our people, offering secure and rewarding roles where safety is our number one priority.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kim on firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 344051.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.