Job Type: Full time
About the role
Base Location: Havant (Penner Road)
Salary: £35,142 - £40,246 + a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible working options available
We are looking for a Quoter to join our team!
Our SSEN Distribution Commercial and Connections teams are the first point of contact for customers wishing to have a new electricity connection, increase the size of their existing connection, install generation, or move the equipment supplying their property.
We're here to help whether our customers are building a single home, housing development, industrial development, generation development or independent distribution network.
As part of this role, you'll be responsible for providing high levels of customer contact on a regular basis, delivering both formal & budget quotations for one off and multiple domestic and commercial supplies.
Roles & responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Responding to application requests for customers wishing to: have a new electricity connection, increase the size of their existing connection, install generation, or move the equipment supplying their property.
- You will be responsible for making engineering decisions on how best to provide the customer what they want, provide clear accurate drawings of what work we are proposing and compiling accurate costs and issuing quotations to customers.
- You'll strive to meet and exceed all objectives placed on our teams, covering elements such as regulatory standard and customer expectations regarding safety, quality, service and timescales.
Your projects will be varied, and could involve single domestic connections, multiple domestic connections and commercial connections, all allowing you great exposure to our business and industry!
What do I need?
To be successful in this role we would love for you to have the following key skills and / or experience:
- Comfortable working with numbers, with a high degree of accuracy, and be confident in producing high quality work to deadlines.
- A good understanding of electricity distribution and Power Systems networks would be highly beneficial.
- Excellent customer service skills and a passion for delivering the highest levels of customer service.
- In addition, you'll be good with computers including Microsoft services, with a knack for picking up new systems; knowledge of PROMIS and EO Web would be advantageous although training would be given to the right individual.
About our Business
SSEN Distribution powers 3.9 million homes and businesses in communities across central southern England and the north of Scotland. Our team of more than 4,200 highly skilled people keep customers connected to a safe and reliable supply of electricity whilst developing the flexible networks that are vital for the future. We power communities to thrive today and create a net zero tomorrow. Why not join us and help power change, we're looking for great people who love working with others to achieve great results. You'll be empowered to make the right decisions for our customers and have the space to take accountability for the work you do. You'll be working as part of a bigger team, enabling net zero, so teamwork will be essential. As a part of our business, you become part of something bigger – an established company with a reputation for looking after our people, offering secure and rewarding roles where safety is our number one priority.
What's in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Kim on firstname.lastname@example.org / 01738 344051.
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.