Principal Programme Manager
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
At Thoughtworks we help customers (retail, government, travel, financial, e-commerce, NGO's to name a few) with ambitious missions to solve their toughest problems. We partner with these organisations to design, create and deliver cutting-edge software. We consult with these organisations to help them unlock the potential of technology for their business or cause.
We’re currently looking for a Programme Manager to be a key leader in our UK business. Someone who not only knows how to bring together multiple teams to deliver great software to our clients, but who sees technology, process and organisational problems, and is driven to fix them.
- Manage and guide delivery of multiple projects in an account through all phases of project delivery to ensure successful delivery of exceptional technical solutions
- Ensure the experience of engaging Thoughtworks for delivery exceeds client expectations.
- Delivering high value consulting and other related service offerings to clients as needed
- Maintain and guide ThoughtWorkers and clients on delivery practices that ensure success
- Take the needs and challenges of a client and partner with them to formulate the delivery road map and project plans to support business strategies and goals
- Partner with a client in product visioning and development through the lifecycle of the programme
- Work with our clients to manage and/or participate in the implementation of organizational change
- Execute Thoughtworks’ account strategy and orchestrate the creation and sale of successful value propositions at the company and individual level
- Be an inspiration for innovation to the client
- Become a trusted and valued partner of the client executives: CIO, CTO, PMO and gain the confidence of the client's business stakeholders
- Maintain, and deepen where possible, existing client relationships that yield continuing opportunities for ThoughtWorks
- Capture innovations, lessons learned and successes on projects and share them with the wider organisation
- Build positive team dynamics and relationships with client staff; remedying dysfunction to maintain healthy and productive ThoughtWorks communities at the Client
- Maintaining strong expertise and knowledge of current and emerging technologies and product
- Experienced project and/or programme management experience
- Experience running multiple IT delivery and consulting projects with multiple stakeholder involvement
- Solid understanding of leading software development teams in an agile environment.
- Experience working directly with business executives: CIO, CTO, PMO in an advisory role
- Experience planning and managing human, financial, material, and information resources
- Account development experience; creating, maintaining and/or enhancing customer relationships that have yielded business opportunity
Other things to know
There's no one-size-fits-all career path at Thoughtworks: however you want to develop your career is entirely up to you. But we also balance autonomy with the strength of our cultivation culture. This means your career is supported by interactive tools, numerous development programs and teammates who want to help you grow. We see value in helping each other be our best and that extends to empowering our employees in their career journeys.
We offer amazing benefits from the day you start including private medical insurance, travel insurance, income protection, critical illness, life assurance, pension scheme, personal development budget, 25 days holiday and a ride2work scheme.
We proudly, passionately and actively strive to make both Thoughtworks and our industry more representative of the communities we serve. We promote diversity in all its forms and reject discrimination and inequality. Our diversity and award winning culture inspires our thought leaders and serves to nurture and develop amazing ideas. We believe this makes us a world leading destination of choice for all technologists.
Thoughtworks is a global technology consultancy that integrates strategy, design and engineering to drive digital innovation. For 28+ years, our clients have trusted our autonomous teams to build solutions that look past the obvious. Here, computer science grads come together with seasoned technologists, self-taught developers, midlife career changers and more to learn from and challenge each other. Career journeys flourish with the strength of our cultivation culture, which has won numerous awards around the world.
Join Thoughtworks and thrive. Together, our extra curiosity, innovation, passion and dedication overcomes ordinary.