VOD Planning Assistant
Warner Bros. Discovery
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role
As part of the EMEA Pay TV VOD Scheduling Team, this position will play an important role in supporting the UK VOD Scheduling Team, responsible for the scheduling of our content across multiple non-linear platforms.
The role involves producing and amending regular Catch up and Library schedules to meet existing affiliate requirements.
Knowledge and experience of the non-linear landscape is preferred in order to support the complexity of the departments output.
A strong knowledge of the programming portfolio is also preferred as well as good communication skills to build relationships with various internal teams and the external affiliate partners.
Your Role Accountabilities
- Assist the Scheduling Executives in creating Catch Up and Library programming schedules
- Assist with scheduling updates and amendments for all our platforms
- Help with editorial selection of content, and reviewing rights and language availability within territories, using internal rights/scheduling systems
- Review schedules, Avails and metadata to match and meet quotas and contractual obligations
- Routine checks and audits of partner platforms to ensure content is correctly presented
- Work collaboratively with VOD Operations, Photo Operations, Listings and other internal teams to ensure that each client receives the planned content within the agreed deadlines, and within agreed specifications
- Help to maintain a healthy and productive business relationship with key external affiliate partners
- Develop familiarity with WBD content and knowledge of channel strategy to creatively schedule the programme inventory
- Help contribute to the planning of VOD stunts by suggesting programming themes based on scheduling priorities, current/historical events or other compelling topics
- Research existing non-linear products and platforms and maintain a thorough knowledge of existing broadcasting and non-linear developments
- Contribute with ideas to the ongoing digital strategy across our VOD and OTT services, and any ad hoc projects required by the VOD Manager
- Provide cover for other members of the VOD team when necessary
Skills and Experience
- Scheduling experience preferred - Programme Planning and/or VOD
- Passion for, and understanding of the non-linear landscape and streaming services
- Experience with broadcasting scheduling systems such as IBMS, Distribute or similar
- Strong excel skills are essential
- Understanding of metadata requirements
- Knowledge of and passion for content and WBD brand
- Proven track record in delivering quality solutions under tight deadlines with the ability to work accurately when under pressure
- High degree of creative and analytical thinking with the ability to solve problems should they occur
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communication style and experience in maintaining close working relationships with various stakeholders
- Team player and able to work effectively on own initiative when required
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.If you’re a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.