Strategic Account Manager
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
From global research discoveries to clinical breakthroughs – our vision is to become the most influential life sciences company for researchers. If you are motivated by making a real impact to people’s life and have a desire to work in a passionate and diverse community, Abcam is the place for you.
Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging. We’re incredibly proud to be recognised as one of the top 5 best places to work in the UK for two years running, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award.
About the Role:
The Strategic Account Manager will be responsible for the generation of new business in existing and new accounts and managing a portfolio of strategic top academic and key biotech accounts and other related accounts in the territory.
In this role, you will be responsible for the strategic and tactical management of accounts in your territory including focusing on existing relationships and generation of new business opportunities within key geographic areas in the Region. As a senior member of the team, support the learning and development of the team and take an active role in the development of our go to market strategies in new product ranges or strategies.
- Drive the revenue growth of the business by promoting and negotiating on our full range of products and services, which includes RabMAb & kit catalogue products and customised antibody production services
- Identify new opportunities to develop business relationships in Strategic accounts with a special focus on KOL development in accounts
- Develop a Strategic Account Plan for each target organisation that supports our specific business objectives and implement supporting activities, develop key contacts and achieve the revenue goals for each organisation.
- Adopt the Sales Cloud CRM system and use its functionality and content to manage leads, opportunities and provide insight into key accounts.
- Provide regular sales forecasts to management regarding both financial and activities conducted in the territory.
- Promptly and professionally reply to customer inquiries and requests
- Responsible for meeting individual objectives and revenue goals for the assigned territory
- Prospect for new business within target market segments
- Continually provide market feedback to the organisation around customer trends, market development, competitive activities.
- Work with international counterparts to develop strategies
- Work with E-Procurement manager to manage e-pro functionality in accounts.
- MSc or Ph.D. in Biology or related fields
- More than five years of experience in solution science-based selling in the Life Science market in Pharma and Biotech in the territory
- Proficient in managing customer interface and relationship both at scientific end-user level, decision making level
- Ability to work cross functionally.
- Experience in selling solutions and services
- Project Management (some knowledge)
- Experience in protein research, immunology and Immunohistochemistry would be desirable but not essential as would a good understanding of drug discovery and/or diagnostic workflows and the technologies employed.
- Proficient in managing customer interface and relationship both at scientific end-user level, decision making level. Ability to work cross functionally.
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Attention to detail
- Regional knowledge, networks and contacts within key institutes, facilities and with procurement contacts
- Demonstrated ability for problem prevention, detection and resolution.
Travel both domestic and international is required up to 50%. This will include face to face meetings with customers, attendance at roadshows and conferences, and travelling to sales meetings. The successful applicant should ideally be based in the territory.
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why we offer all kinds of ways to enable you and your loved ones to be well and live well. You can expect;
- A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development. We provide a wide range of training opportunities, for both professional and personal development.
- The freedom to work in a way that works for you, with a focus on maximising productivity and innovation at work whilst reducing environmental impact.
- A performance-based share plan, inspiring and rewarding our people as we deliver Abcam’s strategy.
- Attractive and flexible package including 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave, increased holiday allowance over time and much more.
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented professionals can share the responsibility of a full time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.