Sr Full Stack Engineer (Remote)
Job Type: Full time
Opportunity: Aflac D&V Sr Full Stack Engineer
Location(s): Florida (REMOTE)
Division: Dental & Vision
Key resource that drives the microservices-based architecture to support portal, app as well as business-to-business integration requirements on the roadmap from infancy into a mature system that is centered around providing an amazing end-user experience.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish best practices, structure, and processes to ensure timely execution of high-quality deliverables.
- Design and develop APIs that can be used by internal and external users.
- Maintain a few web assets that are currently using WordPress for content management.
- Design and develop meaningful dashboards that provide visibility to metrics to manage the business.
- Strong cloud-technologies experience with a proven record of building and maintaining cloud-native applications.
- Strong SQL knowledge to write and maintain complex queries.
- Engage in the full development software life cycle.
- Collaborate with product and technology leads to enhance or resolve product features.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education & Experience Required
- Minimum Required Bachelor's Degree Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a directlyrelated field
- Minimum Required Eight years of overall experience working in a software development environment
- Minimum Required Three years of working in an object-oriented language: Python, Go, Rust, R, Scala, Java or other OO compiled language
- Minimum Required Three or more years in Web development frameworks like React, Angular, other Node.js based systems, Django, React-native, etc.
- Minimum Required Three or more years of database – SQL
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Knowledge & Skills
- Experience in using NoSQL database technology
- Experience with Git/SVN, native Git-SCM or service providers (GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket, etc.)
- Fluent in BDD and TDD development methodologies
- Work in an agile CI/CD environment (Jenkins experience a plus)
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3 (including complied CSS technologies)
- Cloud infrastructure experience
- Strong familiarity working with REST and/or SOAP APIs
- Responsive and mobile-friendly web assets
- Cross-browser development
- Content management systems – WordPress
- Strong test automation experience using tools such as Selenium, Appium, Cucumber
- Proven experience in database design for transactional as well as reporting needs.
- Experience using agile development practices.
- Background in insurance industry, specifically medical, dental, vision, hearing, etc. preferred.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills along with strong organization, decision making and management abilities.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Acting with Integrity - Clearly states goals and beliefs; lets people know his/her true intentions; does what he she said they would do; follows through on commitments
- Communicating Effectively - Expresses ideas and information in a clear and concise manner; tailors message to fit the interests and needs of the audience; delivers information in a manner that is interesting and compelling to the listener
- Pursuing Self-Development - Demonstrates ambition and desire to move forward in his/her career; engages others in discussions about career development; seeks feedback on ways to increase his/her performance; takes advantage of opportunities to build new skills and capabilities
- Serving Customers - Builds strong relationships with customers; stays aware of customer needs, concerns and satisfaction; responds promptly to customer questions and requests; effectively manages customer expectations
- Supporting Change - Enthusiastically participates in new change initiatives and programs; focuses on reasons why changes will work and how they will be beneficial
- Supporting Organizational Goals - Actively supports organizational goals and values; demonstrates enthusiasm toward the company's goals and mission; aligns actions around organizational goals
- Working with Diverse Populations - Shows respect for the beliefs and traditions of others; encourages and promotes practices that support cultural diversity; discourages behaviors or practices that may be perceived as unfair, biased, or critical toward people with certain backgrounds
The statements below describe the general nature and level of the work and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Normal office environment (virtual or in-person)