Broker Development Consultant
Location: New Castle
Job Type: Full time
Opportunity: Broker Development Consultant- NYC, NY
Salary Range: $60,000
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What will you be doing in this role?
- In depth knowledge of the broker channel.
- Ability to understand opportunities and implications of growth and marketing strategies for broker partnerships and alliances.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain senior-level partner relationships.
- Ability to work across the Aflac organization collaboratively to forge participation in partnerships and shared marketing efforts.
- Ability to oversee and ensure details for conferences are handled flawlessly.
- Client driven with a strong focus on quality of service.
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree
- Eight to ten years of professional job related work experience
- Extensive field sales experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborates with Territory Vice President, Broker Regional Vice President, Sales Manager, Market Director, and Sr Growth Managers to deliver products and enrollment solutions.
- Presents enrollment services and technology capabilities to successfully meet and exceed client expectations.
- Conducts and participates in best practice and training calls, to ensure expectations are being delivered.
- Compiles statistics, evaluates data, forms conclusions, and presents recommendations to leadership; proactively consults and influences a variety of components based on strategic initiatives and actual performance.
- Strives to exceed sales growth targets set by leadership to comply with national growth strategies and expectations.
- Recommends new innovative approaches to relationships and strategies to win opportunities; advises on effective strategies to scale broker and public sales sector in a specified region; anticipates relevant coaching and education needs of BSPs, Senior Group Reps, RSCs, DSCs, CBR’s, DBC’s and any other field roles in support of these growth plans.
- Participates in the development of long-range strategic plans, sales force development objectives, and required future resources for the department.
- Participates in key management activities and on committees; maintains appropriate communications within area of responsibility, advising division senior management accordingly; leads, coaches, and mentors division team members and other employees as required.
- Drives the creation of sector, territory and market level public sector strategies that includes helping to determine which associates will work in each market to drive public sector activity to the small-case market; helps to determine the appropriate broker partners to engage with in an effort to drive significant public sector growth.
- Partners with both channels in the assigned territory/markets/sectors to drive activity and to ensure that the sales force has the support needed to succeed in the public sector market; attends meetings with both clients and brokers to help drive messaging and close accounts.
- Manages field force activity in support of unassigned brokers; actively manages assignments (region, district, associates, etc.) maintain communications with brokers through weekly calls and bimonthly meetings, and inputs activity in the CRM system (BCLM).
- Responsible for maintaining the Certified Broker Representative program, ensuring completion of training and verifying certification.
- Assist in the management of regional DBC (District Broker Coordinator) in support of driving broker relationships.
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $60,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.