Location: New York, New York
Job Type: Full time
About Our Company
Aflac Asset Management, LLC, (d.b.a. Aflac Global Investments or GI) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Aflac, Incorporated (Aflac). GI is headquartered in New York’s financial district at 100 Wall Street and is the organization responsible for the overall investment activities of Aflac and its subsidiaries in Japan, the U.S., and Bermuda. With ~150 employees globally, GI manages an investment strategy focused on maximizing long-term returns with a focus on preservation of capital, subject to our affiliated insurance company’s objectives for income, asset-liability management, liquidity, and capital. GI is responsible for generating approximately $3.5 billion of annual investment income from Aflac’s general accounts from a mix of public and private assets (including strategic partnerships) across multiple geographies and currencies. As of year-end 2022, Aflac’s total general account portfolio was $111 billion.
The investment teams support GI’s overall goals and objectives by implementing, managing, and overseeing multiple portfolios encompassing different strategies across various fixed income and growth asset classes utilizing both internal teams of analysts, portfolio managers, and traders and external third party asset managers. GI utilizes a rigorous approach to deploying and managing assets driven by a disciplined strategic asset allocation which establishes portfolio parameters based on long term expectations for performance.
Within Aflac’s Global Investments (“GI”), the Receptionist/Office Admin is working member of the general operations of GI and who will collaborate in the development and implementation of the support services function and who will represent the company at the receptionist desk and include the execution of day-to-day administrative responsibilities. Contributions will serve and collaborate with other support roles; but not limited to, human resources, other executive assistants, facilities, office administrator, and the overall GI team ultimately dedicated to the overall growth of the company.
Reports to: Director, Human Resources – U.S.
Primary Relationships:Aflac Global Investments office (29th and 28th floor) and employees, including Aflac and its subsidiaries, as well as visitors and key vendors.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serves as a liaison between executive assistants, office administrator, mangers, executives, and visitors as required; receives, screens, and routes incoming telephone calls, receives visitors, arranges meetings, maintain calendars as assigned; reviews requests for visitors, schedule meetings; prepares agendas/itineraries as assigned.
- Performs and organizes incoming mail and packages by reviewing correspondence and determining importance of such before distributing to executive assistants or employees redirecting to the appropriate management team for feedback or response; proactively prepares and distributes materials and other information required to accomplish the daily activities; answers questions and furnishes information to keep GI employees informed.
- Purchase office supplies (including managing supply closet), purchase order requisition-based orders, reconciling corporate credit card, contracts, etc.
- Maintain cleanliness of offices with particular focus on employee lounges – restock essential items as needed.
- Initiates, prepares, coordinates, or follows up on administrative functions associated with area of responsibility; coordinates with appropriate division management to ensure resolution of all inquiries and problems expressed to the executive.
- Highly organized with the ability to work on multiple projects with different deadlines independently.
- Coordination of travel arrangements and processing of expenses (Concur).
- Prepares a variety of complex, sensitive or routine correspondence with supervision from drafts or verbal instruction, such as agendas, memos, letters, articles, reports, proposals, charts, etc.; prepares and processes routine forms, documents, requisitions, purchase orders, transmittal forms, etc., following standard procedures and responds to inquiries.
- Prepares and monitors the assigned employee’s (or overflow) of expense reports and the operating budget to ensure effective allocation of resources, and the timely and accurate reconciliation of accounts.
- Maintains effective and accurate filing systems that provide a quick reference database of records, including but not limited to, staff personnel records, time sheets, statistical and financial reports that show the department’s accomplishments, productivity levels, operating cost, etc.; releases information according to company policies and procedures; audits files at specific intervals to identify and purge outdated or unnecessary items, and ensures confidentiality of records.
- Provides backup to other administrative/executive assistants as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, business analytics, mathematics, or similar quantitative degree is required. Master’s degree in similar degree a plus.
- Minimum of 1 year of receptionist/office support experience required.
- Highly organized with the ability to work on multiple assignments with different deadlines independently.
- Demonstrated ability to always remain organized, manage heavy and demanding calendar activity, and remain composed under demanding deadlines.
- Interested in growing in breadth of position – self-starter with desire to learn and participate in projects.
- Able to lift/carry packages/boxes up to 15 pounds
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to interface with all levels of management
- A team player with a strong work ethic
Please note: Aflac Global Investments' hybrid working environment requires a minimum of 4 days in the office each week
The range on this positions is: $43,000 - $100,000
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies, 401(k) plans, and generous paid time off. You’ll also be granted time off for designated paid holidays and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick, adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act. Applicants with criminal histories are encouraged to apply.