Customer Care Specialist - Onsite (Columbus, GA)
Location: Columbus, Georgia
Job Type: Full time
Salary Range: 31,200 to 68,000
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
Worker Designation – This role is an onsite role. This means you will be required to work at the PSA Campus in Columbus, Ga during your set working schedule.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services, including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, and other office procedures
- Emotional intelligence skills shown through giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Skill in selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures when learning new policies, procedures, concepts or products
- Skill in managing one’s own time and actively looking for ways to help people whether team members or customers
- Skilled in verbal and written communication regardless of channel (phone, chat, email, text, social media, etc.) in order to convey information and ideas so others will understand
- Requires special communication skills including, but not limited to having the ability to defuse tough conversations in a high-emotion environment while maintaining a calm demeanor
- Problem solving skills
- Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience translating from Spanish to English and English to Spanish (for bilingual positions)
Education & Experience Required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1 - 2 years of related work experience and completion of required training programs
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Under general supervision, receives inbound calls, email, or chats regarding Aflac products and services; provides thorough and accurate responses to policy-holder or field force inquiries regarding policy or claim issues for Aflac products and services
- Accurately processes Point of Call transactions including, but not limited to, customer name changes, transfers, cancellations, and beneficiary changes; promotes good customer relations by providing premier customer service with a professional and friendly demeanor; develops customer relationships through rapport-building, listening skills, engaging the customer, seeking clarification, and building trust
- Composes and/or generates communications to request information or confirm action taken; is responsive and timely with correspondence and problem resolution, and displays a caring attitude; coordinates with other departments/divisions as necessary to ensure customer satisfaction with Aflac's services and products
- Navigates computerized system for tracking, gathering and researching information; routes and tracks outstanding requests to ensure policyholders and other customers receive complete, accurate and timely resolutions; refers unusual or more complex situations to appropriate point of contact or leader
- Maintains a position of trust and responsibility by keeping all customer information confidential; follows Aflac Insurance’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other related policies, maintaining ethical behavior at all times; maintains knowledge of Aflac's policies and procedures, and takes responsibility for keeping up-to-date with changes
- Maintains a well-developed knowledge base, and takes responsibility for keeping up-to-date with the assigned products and services offered by Aflac Insurance; continuously increases knowledge of assigned products and skills through self-motivation, formal education, seminars and available inhouse training
- Performs other related duties as required
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is 31,200 to 68,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1-hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.