Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
Performs assigned duties under the direction of experienced personnel to gain knowledge and experience in preparation for full time professional opportunities.
- Works with staff on matters related to a broad range of issues, including employment, corporate governance, litigation, privacy and cybersecurity, and contracts.
- Performs research, written summaries of research findings, contract and pleading reviews, and other assigned duties under the direction of department attorneys or department specialists while rotating through the Legal Department’s various teams to gain knowledge and experience of the internal legal counsel role and how Legal supports Aflac’s business.
- Works on specific projects within the practice area rotation; may assist with ad hoc projects related to the industry, and/or practice area processes
- Continuously develops legal analysis, leadership, presentation, and other business and legal skills through strategic projects and work assignments
- Receives training and performs duties in assigned team rotation to become familiar with team’s support role to the business, the team’s operations and procedures, and company policies and practices affecting the business
- Participates in roundtable feedback discussions to interact with other participants and to offer program improvement ideas
- Performs other duties as required
Education & Experience Required
- 2L at an accredited law school
- Minimum Required Actively pursuing bachelor's or master's degree in related field(s)
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Legal research and writing
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates acceptance of responsibility, flexibility in acceptance of assignments; exhibits dependability
- Proficient in major PC applications, including Microsoft Office, Excel, and Internet access
Salary Range: $19.00 - $25.00
If you live within 50 miles of the Aflac offices located in Columbus, GA or Columbia, SC, this role will be hybrid. This means you will be expected to work in the office for at least 60% of the work week. You will work from your home (within the continental US) for the remaining portion of the work week. Details of this schedule will be discussed with your leadership.
If you live more than 50 miles from the Aflac offices located in Columbus, GA or Columbia, SC, this role will be remote. This means you will be expected to work from your home, within the continental US. If the role is remote, there may be occasions that you are requested to come to the office based on business need. Any requests to come to the office would be communicated with you in advance.
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $19.00 to $25.00.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including paid holidays, up to 2 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.