Sr Mgr, Enterprise Risk Mgmt
Job Type: Full time
Salary Range: $115,000 – 260,000
We’ve Got You Under Our Wing
We are the duck. We develop and empower our people, cultivate relationships, give back to our community, and celebrate every success along the way. We do it all…The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best-known brands. Aflac has been recognized as Fortune’s 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity and as one of World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere.com.
Our business is about being there for people in need. So, ask yourself, are you the duck? If so, there’s a home, and a flourishing career for you at Aflac.
Worker Designation – This role is hybrid. This means you will be expected to report to one of our Aflac offices located in Columbus, GA, for at least 60% of the work week. You will work from your home (within the continental US) for the remaining portion of the work week. Details of this schedule will be discussed with your leadership.
What does it take to be successful at Aflac?
- Acting as a Champion for Change
- Acting with Integrity
- Communicating Effectively
- Demonstrating Initiative
- Developing Talent
- Managing Performance
- Pursuing Self-Development
- Serving Customers
- Supporting Change
- Supporting Organizational Goals
- Working with Diverse Populations
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Knowledge of insurance products, operations and related regulations
- Excellent presentation, oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact with Aflac’s senior management, and internal and external business contacts
- Knowledge of legal, political, economic and environmental impacts on insurance products and the organization’s operations
- Strong project management, leadership, and practice development skills
- Ability to manage multiple work streams simultaneously and to meet deadlines
- Personnel and talent management skills and experience
- Good judgement related to people and talent
Education & Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree In risk management, finance, accounting, business administration or a related field
- Ten years of professional job-related experience
- Experience formulating, executing and managing Enterprise Risk Programs including risk framework, risk culture, limit setting, and managing risk appetite
- Five years in a leadership/supervisory capacity
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Education & Experience Preferred
- Master's Degree In a related field
- Certified Risk Manager (CRM), Associate in Risk Management (ARM), Certified Risk Management Professional (CRMP), Financial Risk Manager (FRM), Project Management Professional (PMP) or other risk/project management or financial designation
- Insurance or financial institution experience
Less than or equal to 10%
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads and guides enterprise-wide risk strategic initiatives including the creation of enterprise risk policies and practices covering elements such as risk identification, assessment, appetite and limit setting, monitoring and reporting. Advises team members on risk management practices and facilitates communication with business leaders and local risk teams.
- Collaborates with various departments on business strategies and risk management activities, staying abreast of changes and communicating to team members and other stakeholders as needed.
- Leads and guides enterprise risk reporting in order to provide stakeholders a holistic view of the company’s risk profile and risk management activities, including reporting to regulators (i.e ORSA), various rating agencies, risk committees, and other ad-hoc reporting to leadership and/or the Board.
- Directs and strategizes the placement of enterprise-wide Property & Casualty and Executive & Management Liability coverage and other necessary insurance and surety programs for Aflac Inc.’s operations to reduce risk and losses. Ensures appropriate coverage is maintained and retains effective relationships with insurance carriers and brokers; stays abreast of emerging insurance news and events, which could impact Aflac’s insurance portfolio.
- Monitors industry trends, regulatory developments and ERM best practices and makes recommendations to leadership, the Chief Global Risk Officer and other stakeholders.
- Ensures that consistent and constructive feedback is provided to employees through performance evaluations and other means of communication; monitors progress of new employees and identifies training needs of new and experienced employees. Assesses team skills to ensure that capability exists to provide required services to business stakeholders.
- Participates on and may lead enterprise-wide large and/or complex projects that require the highest level of expertise; leads project teams focused on risk management practices, design, development, integration, and enhancement activities.
- Challenges and directs the ERM team to proactively monitor projects and/or existing processes, looking for ways to improve the accuracy, timeliness, relevance, etc.
- Drives and leads the development, coordination, communication, and implementation of strategic risk management initiatives, as directed by leadership.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, participating in professional development and establishing personal networks; benchmarks state-of-the-art practices that are appropriate for the organization.
- Performs other related duties as required.
This compensation range is specific to the job level and takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to: education, experience, licensure, certifications, geographic location, and internal equity. The range has been created in good faith based on information known to Aflac at the time of the posting. Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each case. This salary range does not include any potential incentive pay or benefits, however, such information will be provided separately when appropriate. The salary range for this position is $115,000 to $260,000.
In addition to the base salary, we offer an array of benefits to meet your needs including medical, dental, and vision coverage, prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending, dependent care flexible spending, Aflac supplemental policies (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity offered at no costs to employee), 401(k) plans, annual bonuses, and an opportunity to purchase company stock. On an annual basis, you’ll also be offered 11 paid holidays, up to 20 days PTO to be used for any reason, and, if eligible, state mandated sick leave (Washington employees accrue 1 hour sick leave for every 40 hours worked) and other leaves of absence, if eligible, when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Aflac complies with all applicable leave laws, including, but not limited to sick and safe leave, and adoption and parental leave, in all states and localities.