Applications for this job have closed. This page will redirect to the Aflac employer page in 10 seconds.
Job Type: Full time
Position: Business Consultant
Location: 1932 Wynnton Rd., Columbus, GA 31999
- Serves as a consultant and senior-level project team member or leader working on highly complex and or highly visible projects
- Serves as liaison between the business partners and IT to provide technical solutions to meet user needs and maintain established business relationships
- Leads and or assists with project deliverables such as project initiation requests, business and technical requirements, use cases, interface specifications, business architecture models, process models, cost/benefit analysis, risk and issue logs, test plans, training plans and elevation / validation plans.
- Spearheads or leads business process modeling efforts to model complex current and future state business processes and performs gap analysis.
- Communicates complex technical concepts simply and effectively to non-technical team members
- Identifies opportunities that impact business strategy and system performance
- Conducts systems analysis with a focus on technical process models and use cases
- Collects research on the competition in terms of best practices, business processes, and procedures; pays particular attention to market strategies and product development; makes recommendations for buy vs. build decisions
- Mentors and develops junior team members into resources with higher skill sets.
- Ability to communicate complex issues and solutions to Exec./Sr. Management
- Provides testing support and analysis for defect resolution
- Performs other related duties as required
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related technical field plus 5 years of progressive experience in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related techincal field plus 5 years of progressive expereince in IT positions performing the following:
- Business process modeling/mapping methodologies development, and data modeling
- Developing projects across all phases of the project life cycle; developing functional specifications, user interface designs/wireframes
- Advanced database skills with experience using MS Access, knowledge of how relational databases work
- Knowledge of how systems support business operations, collection of technical requirements, and modeling concepts
- Applying statistical and other research methods into systems issues as required; reviewing complex data and derive summary conclusions
- BPMN notation
- Working simultaneously with technical IT resources and nontechnical business resources and users
- Utilizing experience with:
- ERP Software in Corp Distribution, Human Resources, Financial, and Technical applications
- PS Query
- Business Cost Benefit Analysis
- Business Definition Requirements
- Microsoft Office
- Business Processes
- Business Case Preparation
- Develop Functional Specifications
- Develop Requirements Definition
- Data Entity-Relationship (ER) Diagramming
- SAP HR Modules
- Business Definition Requirements
- Prepare Flowcharts
- SAP Financial Modules
- In the alternative, employer will accept a Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related technical field plus 3 years of experience in IT positions performing the aforementioned.
- Position may be eligible to work hybrid/remotely but is based out of and reports to Aflac offices in Columbus, GA. Must be available to travel to Columbus, GA regularly for meetings and reviews with manager and project teams within 24-hours’ notice