Senior Software Engineering Manager, Cloud
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
Meraki’s camera team is a fast-growing, forward-thinking organization building an ecosystem of physical security products focused on the enterprise market. Our products blend the elegance and ease of use of high-end consumer systems with the immense scalability, security, and power of enterprise-grade solutions.
As the head of Camera Cloud Software, you will lead all software teams required to build the user-facing applications and backend infrastructure that supports the security professionals who depend on our product every day for safety, security, and business intelligence applications.
Alongside your growing team of ~20 creative and hardworking engineers, you'll partner closely with your counterpart leading Embedded Camera Software as well as Product Managers, User Experience Designers, and Program Managers to push the boundaries of what's possible. The passionate group of engineers under your leadership are responsible for scalable video delivery, supporting industry-leading computer-vision applications, QA, as well as the frontend experience for viewing, managing, searching, live and stored video our customers rely on.
Your focus will be on ensuring your team has what they need to deliver high-quality innovative products on time. Your leadership on technical direction, career development, quality, teamwork, and inclusiveness will ensure you scale this highly-impactful team with the business. You will seek to align stakeholders to our most important objectives, offering a vision for both the team and product that keeps everyone motivated, growing, and attracting the best talent looking forward.
About the team
The Meraki Camera Software Team is responsible for building a secure and stable camera ecosystem that captures and records video, analyzing what is in frame using on-device computer-vision algorithms to create insights for all users. This is all seamlessly managed remotely via the cloud, where the team continues to craft intuitive interfaces which make investigating events of interest as easy as possible.
In this role, you will:
- Develop the long-term technical vision and roadmap within, and often beyond, the scope of your teams. Evolve the roadmap to meet anticipated future requirements and infrastructure needs with a steadfast customer focus.
- Develop and execute large, multi-disciplinary software development programs
- Adapt and deploy software engineering processes through the management team reporting to you that allow them to consistently deliver innovative, performant, scalable, and high-quality experiences
- Lead our next generation cloud architecture to achieve horizontally-scalable, cloud-managed services that can support our future growth and empower developers to maintain a rapid pace of innovation
- Instill a culture of craftsmanship where development and quality engineers work together to deliver a high-quality experience throughout the entire product lifecycle
- Own the end-to-end delivery of video streams, including our backend and frontend components and services
- Set clear expectations with individuals based on their level and role and align them to the broader organization's goals. Meet regularly with individuals to discuss their performance and development, providing feedback and coaching.
You are ideal for this role if you have:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- 4+ years of experience leading organizational improvements through software-engineering managers
- 8+ years of modern cloud development experience, primarily using the AWS platform
- Expert knowledge of how to develop, test, and scale modern, performant, multi-disciplinary, web applications
- A demonstrated ability leading process and culture changes that inspire and grow multi-disciplinary engineering teams
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of camera and video-streaming technologies (h.264, WebRTC, HLS, etc)
- Knowledge of multiple cloud-hosting platforms in addition to AWS
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.