Meraki Escalations Manager
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
Meraki is looking for a Support leader that is excited to grow and evolve our global Escalations team into the next generation of high-touch technical support for Meraki’s most valuable customers! You will manage a team of highly skilled Escalations Engineers that assist in coordinating engineering investigations to bring quicker issue resolution to support incidents impacting our customers and improve overall customer experience. An average work day may consist of strategically supervising incoming critical issues, monitoring the progress of customer concern call/threads, and holding one-on-ones with direct reports. This position requires 10% scheduled travel.
- 40% team management
- Facilitate daily stand-up and global handoff meetings
- Coordinate the weekly Network Support Engineer rotational program
- Assign, review, and conduct post-mortems on critical issues
- Provide feedback on political and technical action plans for active customer concerns
- Propagate the creation of in-depth documentation and lunch-and-learns from the knowledge that is gained from critical issues work
- Promote a strong documentation-first team culture with an editor’s eye for detail
- Preside over new, difficult situations with a controlled, scientific approach to problem-solving while leading regular one-on-one check-in meetings with each team member
- 40% team development
- Work with the team to refine decision-making metrics regarding:
- Escalations workload and growth indicators, onsite engagement, and adoption of Support Cases
- Lead professional development initiatives for the team (programming, certifications, etc.)
- Work with internal Meraki business units to deliver a clear understanding of the Escalations process and solicit feedback
- Strategically plan, implement, and measure improvements to that process
- Develop the key performance indicators to articulate the teams business value at Meraki
- Raise the teams profile within the Support team by finding ways to better broadcast the team’s work and methodologies
- Actively seek, identify, and onboard talent into the team from the wider Support organization and external sources
- 20% professional development
- Acquire certifications and learn programming languages
- Attend industry meetups, webinars, and conferences
- Stay current on networking standard methodologies and competitor solutions & explore new tools and investigate advancements in the field of computer networking
- Minimum 3 years experience as part of a network support organization; minimum 2 years direct management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field
- Experience leading a team of approximately 6 or more direct reports
- Proven experience in handling and resolving critical network issues
- Proficient in carrying out performance evaluations for team members
- Skilled in network troubleshooting (L1-L3)
Who you are:
- Candid and can communicate broadly and often, providing clear purpose, direction, goals, and measures
- Career Flag-bearer who is invested in your team's growth and development
- Disagree, Decide, and Commit. Someone who listens to & understands different opinions and allow them to influence the direction
- Results Driven and is resilient, optimistic, and passionate about our business results while never compromising customer, partner, and team relationships
- Trustworthy and committed to earning our team's trust every day through your actions and transparency
Why Cisco Meraki:
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking results-oriented risks to craft the technologies that give us connected cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unusual personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are encouraging leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars! We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco Meraki.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, encourage innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.