Lead Integration Engineer (C, C++, Networking, AWS, Azure, GCP)
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
Cisco Meraki’s vision:
Simplicity. At Cisco Meraki, we believe that by simplifying powerful technology we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. Our cloud-managed products are making IT easier, faster, and smarter. Simplified and smarter networking means that businesses run more smoothly, and more people have reliable access to the information they need.
About the team:
Cisco Meraki’s MX product family are multifunctional security and SD-WAN appliances. You’ll join the vMX (Virtual MX) team, who is specifically responsible for our vMX offering: a virtual appliance that can be deployed in both public and private clouds. With 1M+ physical and virtual nodes deployed, serving 10M+ people, quality is our highest priority. The vMX team delivers powerful, scalable solutions that meet that standard.
What you will do:
As a technical leader on the vMX team, you will be a part of a growing group of engineers passionate about crafting and implementing the architecture of the vMX product that runs on cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP, etc. We are looking for a hands-on, experienced engineer who can analyze the current architecture, feature sets, and tech debt and work to improve them for the existing architecture as well as for the next generation! You will partner with product management and engineering leadership to define the technical roadmap for our virtual platforms.
An area of focus in this role will be centered on being our go-to person for stabilizing our current vMX architecture. We are looking for an experienced technical leader with deep engineering expertise in hands-on development and maintenance of our vMX deployments on Azure, GCP, AWS cloud hypervisors.
The experience we look for in your background:
- 8+ years of experience with data plane forwarding, packet processing, and control-plane configuration/signaling for virtualized routing/SD-WAN/Security products.
- 8+ years of experience with writing both Linux kernel and user space code for embedded networking applications or similar such as C, C++, Rust, Go, etc. (The interview process requires C and C++ knowledge.)
- In-depth knowledge in developing, deploying, and solving virtualized products on-premises on QEMU, KVM, VMWare, and in the cloud on AWS, Azure, GCP, etc
- In-depth experience with DevOps and can advise/implement standard methodologies in CI / CD for cloud deployment
- Hands-on design experience with more than one software data plane technology across ARM and x86, such as DPDK, VPP, or Click.
- L4 to L7 services (Load balancing, Firewall, IPsec VPN, NAT, IPv6, remote access, and various tunneling protocols), architectures, and algorithms.
- Strong technical leadership with excellent communication skills with the ability to work independently as well as part of a multi-functional group
- Phenomenal teammate, a thoughtful mentor with a can-do attitude, and takes initiative
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with Yocto, Buildroot, or other embedded Linux build tooling
- Experience with merchant silicon SDKs from Broadcom, Marvell, EZchip, etc.
- Distributed packet processing across virtual and/ or fabric architecture
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case-by-case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.