Sales Business Development Manager - Sales Acceleration for Service Provider
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Want to be at the forefront of the Computer Networking industry?
Who We Are
We believe that when passionate people are able to spend less time struggling with technology, they can spend more time on what matters - like teaching children, running businesses, keeping airports safe, and connecting disaster victims with relief. That’s the real power of simplicity. Cisco Meraki is the leader in cloud-managed IT, thanks to our creative, inclusive, confident team that is driven to simplify technology so the world can simply work!
We are seeking a Sales Business Development Manager to implement and accelerate the Managed Services Strategy. This role will deliver programs and improve processes to grow and accelerate Meraki’s managed services and XaaS business.
The IT landscape is changing with a growing number of customers shifting their operations to subscription models. This allows customers to free up their time and focus on their core business. This role will help to accelerate and enable MSPs to build managed services on the Meraki platform to take advantage of the many benefits that the Meraki platform offers and enable MSPs to be more successful in the process!
This is an exciting opportunity to join an incredible team focused on driving growth and scale for Meraki.
Managed Services the Meraki Way
Meraki is THE best platform to build managed services. Managed Services built on the Meraki Platform enable MSPs to grow their bottom line and provide value to customers to solve more business challenges and produce better outcomes for customers.
What You Will Do
The MSP Acceleration Sales Business Development Manager will be responsible for implementing strategic projects and working with sales teams and SPs/MSPs to build focus, enable, and accelerate adoption of managed services built on the Meraki platform. Work with marketing teams, sales teams, operations teams, and most importantly, SPs/MSPs. Help SPs/MSPs understand the value of the Meraki Platform by demonstrating how managed services built on Meraki can enable them to be more profitable and successful in the market. Help grow our competitive edge by recruiting new SPs and nurturing existing SPs to drive adoption and activation of services. Additionally, you will remove barriers and reduce friction for our partners and provide a best in class experience.
- Define and execute strategic projects delivering measurable results
- Work cross-functionally to solve operational and commercial processes to remove friction for partners
- Build business cases to gain investment
- Evangelize how SPs/MSPs can benefit from building services with the Meraki Platform
- Train internal and external sales teams on how to position and sell managed services to ultimately accelerate the adoption of the Meraki Platform
- Build relationships with SPs/MSPs and internally at Cisco Meraki
- Communicate priorities, progress, achievements, and metrics in a consistent, consumable way
- Explore opportunities to add new value; innovate and improve processes, systems, and tools
- Collaborate with product management, marketing, and operations to prioritize initiatives and execute the strategy
- Build and conduct live sales events promoting and educating SPs/MSPs on Meraki products and offers
- Run programmatic seller enablement for the MSP sales community on the value proposition for their Meraki based service offerings
- Run demand generation campaigns alongside XaaS partners to help them build pipeline for their service offerings
- Measure success by identifying KPIs and metrics to ensure we are increasing consideration and bookings for Meraki and our SPs / MSPs
- Support internal Cisco service creation teams as the Meraki as a Service knowledge experts
Who You Are
Ideal candidates will have a strong business acuity, the ability to collaborate and build relationships with internal and external teams. Strong communication/presentation skills, the aim to work autonomously within a general set of parameters, and a passion for learning about and evangelizing cloud-driven networking technology.
Every single day will be unique and your appetite for pursuing challenges with creative solutions, passion for disruption and unparalleled desire to be part of an innovative and inspiring team are the tools needed to succeed within Meraki’s Ecosystem Team.
- Substantial experience in the technology industry including experience in managed services, channel sales, solution sales, direct sales roles and/or consulting
- Consistent track record of overachieving on quota
- Business fluency in English
- Demonstrated ability to quickly build new relationships, navigate a sophisticated organization and influence multiple partners
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills and outstanding attention to detail
- High quality communication (verbal and written)
- Results-oriented, "can do" demeanor, ability and willingness to make an impact
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.