Administrative Assistant- Meraki Sales
Location: Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
Our employees fuel the magic of the Meraki community. They have fostered an environment that empowers Merakians to challenge limits, embrace risks, and assist our customers in pursuing their passions. Our guiding principles are rooted in our four core values: 'care deeply,' 'everybody in,' 'simplify everything,' and 'be brave.' These pillars have propelled us to the forefront of cloud-managed IT leadership and have played a pivotal role in shaping a more inclusive future for all.
What You Will Do
This Administrative Assistant role will provide support to our Americas Sr. Sales Director. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and interpersonal skills, and the ability to maintain a balance among multiple priorities. The Administrative Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and be able to work under pressure at times to handle a variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
For the right candidate, this role offers the ability to take on growing levels of support and gain a front seat view of a large, high-growth business.
- Complete a wide range of administrative tasks including running a very active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is occasionally confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; compiling documents for travel-related meetings
- Plan, coordinate, and ensure schedule is followed and appropriately prioritized; keeping them well-informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Resolve appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of, the supported staff on a range of issues
- Plan and implement team events including related travel occasionally
- Take on special projects as needed
Who You Are
- Minimum 2 years experience in Administrative Assistant role or similar
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Consistent track record to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Google applications (Calendar, Docs, Sheets)
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S. and/or Canada:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.