Business Operations Lead (Finance & Talent Ops)
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
About Cisco Meraki
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology we can free hardworking people to focus on their mission. As the fastest-growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
The office is based in the Mission Bay area of San Francisco, with beautiful views of Oracle Park and the San Francisco Bay. This position can be 100% remote. However, if you prefer to work onsite at the office, you will have access to an onsite gym, multiple kitchens stocked with high-quality snacks, a coffee bar, and catered lunches every day.
About The Role
Meraki is seeking an experienced Business Operations Lead who will be responsible for finance and talent operations within the Software Engineering organization. The Business Operations Lead is a cross-functional position where you will partner with senior staff, operations managers, and others within Operations, Engineering, and other areas on programs and processes that optimize collaboration, streamline processes, and communicate our strategy. This position will report to the Meraki Software Engineering Operations Chief of Staff and is an outstanding opportunity with a substantial capacity for impact across a growing team.
What will you do?
- Finance and Talent Operations within the Software Engineering organization including budgeting, forecasting, and corporate planning
- Partner with the Senior Business Operations Lead on important team projects, logistics, budget, communications, and engagement and operationalize their initiatives to ensure consistency across the software engineering organization
- Manage complex financial and talent operational problems and conceptualize solutions
- Contribute towards ongoing management and implementation of new processes and tools that are simple and scalable and actively recommend and drive improvements
- Build, organize, and lead project plans for key initiatives, including execution and tracking of program deliverables, achievements, action items, dependencies, risks, and mitigation plans
- Facilitate collaboration across teams and lead discussions with project partners on requirements, timelines, goals, and resourcing
- Develop strong working relationships with cross-functional teams to understand and deliver on business goals and priorities
- Craft project reporting and create executive briefings to update senior leaders and partners
- Adhere to metrics and governance for Meraki’s process and drive process improvements
Who You Are
Deep project management experience and the ability to complete complex initiatives with high-value outcomes, team member engagement, and alignment. You are thorough, efficient, organized, and comfortable operating in a dynamic environment. You take initiative, are comfortable with trying new things and making suggestions, and get excited about driving important work in partnership with leadership. You have excellent judgment, are dependable, and respect confidential information. Your ability to define success, help set measurable goals, prioritize, and drive the right outcomes for the team are key to success.
- 5+ years of experience in a business operations role in software, hardware, embedded, networking, cloud technologies or products
- Strong experience with finance operations including budgeting, forecasting, and corporate planning
- Experience with talent operations including learning and development
- Experience working with project planning tools such as Excel, Gantt charts, Jira, Wrike, Confluence, G Suite, MS Project
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize, lead, and deliver on simultaneous projects/deliverables under deadline pressure
- Experience implementing end-to-end business processes and leading complex project scopes
- Willingness to tackle new and different challenges with a positive demeanor and perseverance
- Confident, articulate, professional speaking, and compassionate listener with excellent written communication skills
- Superior collaboration, facilitation, and teamwork skills in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to build relationships and influence peers, leaders, and executives to drive toward common business goals
- Curiosity, strategic thinker, and creative problem-solver
- Experience supporting senior leadership and executives in leading large teams, including developing, launching, and maintaining team practices and setting agendas for and running staff and team meetings
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Project management professional certification, or equivalent, preferred
Why Cisco Meraki?
Meraki is based in the Mission Bay area of San Francisco, with beautiful views of the Oracle Ballpark and the Bay beyond. This position can be 100% remote work from home. However, if you prefer to work onsite at the San Francisco office, you will have access to an onsite gym, multiple kitchens stocked with high-quality snacks, a coffee bar, and catered lunches every day. We offer a generous benefits package to all our Merakians - remote, hybrid, and onsite.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S. and/or Canada:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.