Senior Security Engineer (IAM) (Remote)
Location: Remote - US only
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most significant to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
At Meraki, we believe in encouraging a positive culture by hiring, mentoring, and empowering sensible, effective, humble people and providing equal opportunities for all employees to thrive. We maintain a positive relationship with Cisco that gives us the stability and resources of a larger company without sacrificing our startup vibe. We are confident you will love it here!
As a senior member of the Security Engineering team, you will have a substantial impact on the security of millions of Cisco Meraki users all around the world. We are looking for people who are passionate about security and eager to work across teams to help engineer and improve our security controls and systems. Finally, by getting to know our security posture as a whole and serving as our detector of unintended consequences, you will have a positive impact on our customers and users that use and rely on Meraki access points, switches, security appliances, and cameras every single day!
- Lead solution design, development, and technical deployments for critical IAM related security systems (e.g. Authentication, Authorization, Single-Sign On, Privileged Access Management, Entitlement Re-certification, Provisioning/De-Provisioning, etc.) working with teams across Meraki
- Design and implement new IAM security technologies and initiatives
- Evaluate efficacy of existing IAM design, work with various partners to build risk-based security roadmap for IAM domain
- Partner with business and technical teams to maintain highly available, performant and efficient IAM security systems and services
- Author engineering level documentation, write and contribute to project plans, and develop detailed testing plans
- Work to integrate systems with IAM services (Cloud, Web App/Mobile App, etc.) and operating systems (Wintel, MacOS, Linux, etc.)
- Partner with the greater security team as well as our product and infrastructure teams to build scalable and user-friendly security tooling
- Mentor junior engineers
- Communicate clearly with our business customers, suppliers, and partners
- Enable automation and self-services platforms for internal teams
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- Must have hands on solution engineering and integration engineering experiences with CyberArk, including scripting/automation development (e.g. PSM Custom Universal Connectors, CPM Plugins, PSM Web-Apps, etc.)
- 5+ years of IAM proven ability working with various commercial off the shelf solutions as well as related custom development & scripting.
- Prior experience with scripting/automation/customization (beyond using UI-based configuration of COTS tools), able to engineer solution via API or equivalent.
- Extensive experience covering various IAM targets (Web applications, Mobile Applications, Cloud, legacy n-tier apps, etc.)
- Working solution engineering knowledge and shown experiences on various IAM domain technologies, frameworks, and standards (e.g. SAML, various MFA standards and solutions, OAuth, etc.)
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity and working experience integrating IAM solutions to public cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Computing, and Microsoft Azure
- Experience in high-availability 24x7x365 environment with highly structured organizational change
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S. and/or Canada:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. and/or Canada locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. or Canada hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.