Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Charlotte, North Carolina, Fargo, North Dakota, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Irving, Texas, Redmond, Washington, Reno, Nevada, Reston, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Business Operations (MBO) - and the value we deliver across Microsoft and to our customers and partners. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development, and recognizes and rewards great work.
Operational Risk Management professionals enable business strategy through a programmatic and global approach to risk management, by methodologically determining, assessing, managing and establishing accountability for the most critical risks facing the company. Microsoft has a sizable community of talented individuals in dedicated risk management roles who are responsible for making our business objectives more likely to be realized and to protect one of the world’s most valuable brands. Operations is uniquely positioned within the company, supporting almost every product Microsoft offers which presents upstream and downstream dependencies.
We currently have an opportunity for a Risk Manager to join the team. This position will support the Microsoft Business Operations team to contribute to the risk and compliance environment as the business is poised to grow significantly over the next few years. Looking for someone who is eager to grow their career and demonstrate the potential to provide thought leadership, challenge the status quo and provide solutions and ideas on how to grow the risk and compliance practices in Microsoft Business Operations.
- Lead Business Continuity Management (BCM) program for MBO, inclusive of program artefacts/tools and controls
- Anticipate and Mitigate Risk: Risk Identification and Disposition: Proactively identifies, prioritizes, compares, connects, and interprets operational risks.
- Risk Management: Manages risks using risk management tools, processes, and methods to ensure that the business meets its accountability requirements.
- Drive BCM program run compliance including coordination of business recovery plans across LoBs, conduct of Action-Actions Incident Reviews
- Provide relevant BCM expertise to LoB Leads
- Identify Business Recovery capability gaps across LoBs, drive improvements including budgeting support and work-practice changes
- Inform and escalate to MBO LT significant residual BCP risk exposures
- Assist to drive cost-effective BCP solutions/work-arounds across MBO LoBs
- Support major BCP Incident Management
- Review referred ODLC projects against BCM Risks, and assess/determine actions accordingly
- Bring a mindset of continuous improvement toward the routines and processes and procedures as it relates to the BCM program
- The successful candidate will be able to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Prioritizes (and deprioritizes) risk assessment information appropriately, to articulate and provide insight into business group risk themes or areas.
- At least 5 years of work experience
- Technical Business Continuity Management experience
- Experience bringing clarity to ambiguous situations
- Strong communication skills with senior leadership
- 3+ years prior experience working in a Business Continuity Capacity
- 3+ Root cause & preventative cause analysis experience
- Experience bringing structure and processes to increase risk and compliance standards
- Business continuity certifications (e.g. Certified Business Continuity Professional, BCI diploma) – nice to have but not required
- Operational thinker and problem solver with excellent analytical and reporting skills.
- Proven communication abilities to drive and maintain credibility, generate trust, and form alliances with internal and external stakeholders and partners.
- Curiosity to understand current and emerging risks facing corporate leaders and the technology industry, including current and emerging digital innovations and trends.
- Exceptional executive communication and interpersonal skills with the proven ability to transfer knowledge and inspire a growth mindset.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.