Software Engineer - Returners Program
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Charlotte, North Carolina, Fargo, North Dakota, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Irving, Texas, Redmond, Washington, Reno, Nevada, Reston, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
Our targeted audience are individuals who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least 2 years to focus on caring for a loved one
Program for Returners:
The Path Forward Return to Work program in Microsoft Business Operations is a direct hire program for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. Our targeted audience are individuals who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a loved one. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
We are excited to be partnering with Path Forward because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with others transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Operations - and the value we deliver across Microsoft and to our customers and partners. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development, recognizes and rewards great work.
MS Operations has a passion for customers, partners and technology. We provide solutions to deliver more software to users worldwide by making easier and smarter ways for businesses to acquire and use the software they need.
We make doing business with Microsoft easy.
Business Intelligence (BI) and Data Insights are critical to increasing Microsoft’s operational efficiency and is key to the successful execution of both our current and future business strategies. The Software Engineer selected for this role will be part of a team that has the charter to put Analytics at the Heart of Operations.
Data Engineering team under Operations is looking for an exceptionally talented Data Scientist to create solutions that drive a strategic internal program to improve cost and process efficiencies across our organization.
- Applying statistical and machine learning techniques to detect patterns in data that may indicate process breakage or compliance rule violations.
- You will design experiments, analyze results, and produce actionable, trustworthy conclusions from them.
- Present findings and recommendations to key decision makers at various management levels
- Drive innovation leveraging Data Science and Machine Learning, to experiment with and establish new ways of driving customer engagement by leveraging data – ultimately resulting in usage and satisfaction growth.
- Implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality.
- Collaborate with members of your team (e.g., data architects and engineers, full-stack developers) on the project’s goals.
- Drive process discovery and resolution of technical blockers; generate ideas, and identify / solve problems
- Produce simple, high quality code using frameworks, services, and reusable assets where possible
Now let's talk about you. You want to build best-in-class solutions using robust coding practices and the latest technology and techniques. You have passion and desire to work under an Agile DevOps culture and you enjoy the rhythm of a fast-paced startup environment. You relish the opportunity to work closely with your customers and deliver insight that delights them.
A successful candidate in this role will:
- Possess analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to plan for end-to-end scenarios.
- Read/write code and drive integrations with other engineering teams
- Have a track record of showing up in a variety of technical and business situations with an inquisitive, can-do mindset and the ability to break through barriers, challenge the status quo.
- Think about audience scenarios and demonstrate user empathy when designing and developing solutions.
- Have an eagerness to roll up sleeves, learn & apply the latest technologies, dive into technical development efforts, and deliver solutions that simplify complex business problems.
- The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen and meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements as required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- At least 3 years applying statistical and machine learning techniques to detect patterns in data that may indicate process breakage or compliance rule violations
- At least 5 years of related professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least 2 years to focus on caring for a loved one
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.