Software Engineer - Front End
Location: Elkridge, Maryland, Houston, Texas, Mountain View, California, Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Studio Alpha is Microsoft’s Serious Gaming initiative. We empower organizations to solve complex planet-scale massive data problems using simulation and artificial intelligence run in the Cloud, visualized using Gaming Technology. We’re pushing boundaries by applying the latest simulation technology to our growing Azure cloud capabilities. Be part of an exciting new business start-up and help us expand our industry leading cloud and AI expertise into new sectors. We are looking for a Front-End Engineer who has a passion and proven track record in distributed computing at cloud-scale. If you are looking for a role where you can shine, this role offers the ability for you to stand out and differentiate yourself.
We are a growing team of talented software engineers, designers, and product managers. If you are passionate about groundbreaking technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you! Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers. Be a part of a team that values collaboration, experimentation, and innovation. Your unique background, ideas, skills, partnered with a growth mindset are welcome in this team.
Do you enjoy designing & building Front End experiences that delight our users & customers? Are you excited about building innovative technologies that protect our customers from cybersecurity threats? Do you thrive in a collaborative & a data-driven environment? Do you enjoy working with talented software engineers, program managers, data scientists and security teams? This is a software engineer role focused on React focused front end application development. As a member on the team, you will participate in all stages of our engineering lifecycle such as designing, coding, testing, deploying and supporting features that enable our mission critical applications. We are passionate about having a culture of learning fast and constantly iterating towards success. In this role, you’ll see a direct link between your work, product growth, and user satisfaction, making science fiction, science fact. Successful candidates will have a track record of shipping quality. We offer flexibility to work anywhere in the US for this role.
- A good Front-End Web Developer will have an understanding of the web development process from inception to deployment.
- Collaborate with Design, back-end developers and web designers to improve usability
- Bridge the gap between graphic design and technical implementation, using REST APIs and having automated pipelines
- Define how the application looks and how it works
- Translate UI/UX design wireframes to actual code
- Optimize applications for maximum speed
- Write functional requirement documents and guides, create quality mockups and prototypes
- Browser testing and debugging across browsers
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, and deployment)
- Implement application security
Apply if you:
- Excellent technical design, problem solving, debugging and communication skills.
- Be self-driven and demonstrate successful delivery of ambiguous technical challenges
- Have Ability to quickly ramp up on new service offerings and OSS components
- Capable of quick prototyping and rapid iteration to ‘fail fast’ while solving problems of high technical complexity
- 2+ years of experience in working in Cloud technologies on Azure, AWS or GCP
- 2+ years of experience in implementing dynamic React.js applications
- 2+ years of experience browser testing and debugging and code visioning tools
- 2+ years experience building/delivering high – quality software
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Writes high quality code and driven to excellence in engineering processes
- Passion for design and technological challenges
- Great communication skills to collaborate cross-group and work effectively within the team.
- 1+ years of experience in working on scalable entity models, or ontologies
- Bachelors or master’s in computer science or similar engineering degree, or 8+ years of equivalent industry experience
Nice to Have:
- Some ModSim or Game Development or multi-player experience: Either 3D environmental development, Unreal, Omniverse
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.