Associate Configuration Specialist (will consider remote)
National Interstate Insurance Company
Location: Richfield, Ohio
Job Type: Full time
National Interstate is a member of Great American Insurance Group. As one of the leading commercial transportation insurers in the nation, we offer risk financing solutions in all 50 states tailored to meet the needs of a wide variety of transportation classes. Our offerings include traditional insurance and innovative alternative risk transfer (ART) programs, including more than a dozen group captive programs catering to niche wheels markets. We are proud to be a multiple Northcoast 99 winner and Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. It is because of our talented and dedicated team that we are able to live out our company values of integrity, transparency, fairness, accountability, empowerment and collaboration with each transaction we make. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Assists in the development, recommendation, enhancement, and implementation of basic Configuration and/or Environment Management processes and standards, including templates in support of technology designs, plans, and procedures.
- Conducts routine SCM activities learning and using associated tools.
- Coordinates activities with other CM team members, as appropriate.
- Collects and reports metrics and measurements at the organizational level, providing visibility into all Configuration and/or Environment Management work within IT.
- Conduct activities involving Configuration Management, including (but not limited to) Version Control, Software Builds, Baseline Management, Change Management, Environment, and Release Management
- Build automation tools for deploying and maintaining applications and infrastructure on-premises and in the cloud.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work directly with teammates.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Field of Study: Information Technology, Computer Science, Business or a related discipline.
Experience: 0 to 3 years of related experience.
Basic networking and basic application security knowledge.
Yaml, Terraform, Ansible, PowerShell, .Net Programming, Python scripting, and basic SDLC Methodology knowledge are a plus.
This job is non-exempt in California and Washington
Company:NIC National Interstate Corporation
We offer competitive healthcare, retirement and paid time off benefits.