Lead ETL Developer (Open to Remote)
National Interstate Insurance Company
Location: Richfield, Ohio
Job Type: Full time
National Interstate is a member of Great American Insurance Group. As one of the leading commercial transportation insurers in the nation, we offer risk financing solutions in all 50 states tailored to meet the needs of a wide variety of transportation classes. Our offerings include traditional insurance and innovative alternative risk transfer (ART) programs, including more than a dozen group captive programs catering to niche wheels markets. We are proud to be a multiple Northcoast 99 winner and Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. It is because of our talented and dedicated team that we are able to live out our company values of integrity, transparency, fairness, accountability, empowerment and collaboration with each transaction we make. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains relational databases for data storage and mining. Designs and tests complex data warehouses. Creates enhanced and new components for existing data warehouses.
- Designs data warehouse schematics and layouts and develops capacity planning.
- Creates and maintains ETL processes.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex data load and data retrieval failures.
- Develops and implements metrics and processes to monitor data warehouse systems and ensure data reliability. Tests and analyzes data warehouse performance and ensures security of data. Seeks continuous improvement of performance and security.
- Maintains documentation related to operations, data warehouse objects, and source systems.
- Creates and generates dashboards, reports, and data extracts.
- Builds dashboards and reports of complex nature.
- Works on cross-functional data-driven projects.
- Works with development, business intelligence, and end users to define scope of needs.
- Implements projects by populating data warehouse table structure and creating dashboards and reports.
- May have responsibility for performance and coaching of staff and may have a participatory role in decisions regarding talent selection, development, and performance management for direct reports.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of department policies and procedures, as well as the business and organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Field of Study: Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline.
Experience working with Informatica Cloud (IICS) and/or, Informatica tools.
8 to 10 years of related experience.
Company:NIC National Interstate Corporation
We offer competitive healthcare, retirement and paid time off benefits.