Associate Product Manager
National Interstate Insurance Company
Location: Richfield, Ohio
Job Type: Full time
National Interstate is a member of Great American Insurance Group. As one of the leading commercial transportation insurers in the nation, we offer risk financing solutions in all 50 states tailored to meet the needs of a wide variety of transportation classes. Our offerings include traditional insurance and innovative alternative risk transfer (ART) programs, including more than a dozen group captive programs catering to niche wheels markets. We are proud to be a multiple Northcoast 99 winner and Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. It is because of our talented and dedicated team that we are able to live out our company values of integrity, transparency, fairness, accountability, empowerment and collaboration with each transaction we make. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Responsible for performance and coaching of staff and has a participatory role in decisions regarding talent selection, development, and performance management. Provides training to new members of the team.
- Leads a group that may contribute or have accountability for product premium, volume growth, or profitability results within assigned product lines.
- May serve as primary product support contact for business units, agents, and other staff.
- Interacts with relevant departments such as Claims, Underwriting, Sales/Marketing, and provides customer service support (i.e. agents, regulators and industry groups.
- May lead or participate in business unit, compliance, claims, agency, program reviews, and audits (i.e. compliance audits, rate/pricing reviews, and agency reviews.)
- Recommends action plans and strategic direction for functional areas and maintains alignment with other product managers to ensure successful development of entire product line.
- Gathers and analyzes data from various sources specific to product.
- Monitors product performance.
- Provides summary analysis, makes recommendations, and communicates to business units.
- Ensures regulatory approval of product; manages filing process in compliance with statutory requirements.
- Promotes product knowledge and product positioning with the field, agency personnel, and customers.
- Monitors pertinent insurance publications to determine impact on line of business. This may include:
- Identifying emerging coverage issues, state regulatory concerns, and business unit needs.
- Developing action plans; implementing and communicating changes when appropriate.
- Resolves and/or assists with researching, documenting, and communicating compliance related issues.
- May lead in the development of training and communication materials and providing training as necessary on product/rate changes for staff, field, and agency personnel.
- Partners with the IT department on prioritization, implementation, and enhancements of operational systems to ensure production capabilities are both effective and efficient.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Field of Study: Business, Liberal Arts or a related discipline.
Experience: 3 to 5 years related experience, including 0 to 2 years of leadership experience. Progression toward certification in area of expertise preferred; appropriate certifications could include Associate in Underwriting (AU), Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC), Program in General Insurance (INS), Associate of Risk Management (ARM), Certified Licensing Professional (CLP) or other applicable designations.
Company:NIC National Interstate Corporation
We offer competitive healthcare, retirement, and paid time off benefits.