Premium Audit Manager
National Interstate Insurance Company
Location: Richfield, Ohio
Job Type: Full time
National Interstate is a member of Great American Insurance Group. As one of the leading commercial transportation insurers in the nation, we offer risk financing solutions in all 50 states tailored to meet the needs of a wide variety of transportation classes. Our offerings include traditional insurance and innovative alternative risk transfer (ART) programs, including more than a dozen group captive programs catering to niche wheels markets. We are proud to be a multiple Northcoast 99 winner and Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. It is because of our talented and dedicated team that we are able to live out our company values of integrity, transparency, fairness, accountability, empowerment and collaboration with each transaction we make. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Oversees employees in the functions of Premium Audit.
- Oversees the audit process for technical review of physical audits. Examines/audits records to ensure that calculations of earned premium for risks are accurate.
- Ensures that correct classes are being applied and in accordance with company procedures by reviewing financial records and other relevant materials.
- Ensures appropriate preparation of voluntary audits going out to insureds and monitors the return and completeness of incoming voluntary audits. Ensures customers receive the attention and service necessary to answer questions and encourage the return of completed audits.
- Leads the review of results of audits with producers, underwriters, insureds, and Premium Audit leadership.
- Identifies opportunities to resolve discrepancies.
- Serves as triaged audit dispute review. Works to resolve disputed items.
- Ensures bureau inquiries are handled and cleared.
- May oversee the assignment of physical audits and monitors the quality and timeliness of work.
- Prepares and reviews management reports and other analysis to ensure the quality and timeliness of audits being received.
- Oversees appropriate accounting practices are followed to reconcile and pay invoices from vendors.
- May oversee telephone audits.
- Maintains expert knowledge of rules and regulations applicable to jurisdictions and ensures correct and consistent application.
- Sets standards for the provision of Customer Service throughout the discovery, updating and/or correction process.
- Ensures that the team meets performance targets.
- Responsible for performance and coaching of staff and decisions regarding talent selection, development, and performance management. Ensures new members of the team receive proper training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Field of Study: Accounting, Finance, Business or a related discipline.
Experience: Generally, 5 to 8 years of related experience, including 1 to 3 years of leadership experience. Associates in Premium Audit Program (APA) certification preferred.
Company:NIC National Interstate Corporation
We offer competitive healthcare, retirement, and paid time off benefits for full-time and part-time benefit eligible employees.