Chief Operation Officer, Business Management
Location: Los Angeles, California
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
Ground Control is a business management firm built for those with boundless potential. We act as your financial concierge, designing and implementing a customized plan to meet the needs of your career and lifestyle.
Ground Control is looking for a Chief Operations Officer. As a member of Ground Control’s leadership team, you will drive results from both an operational and financial perspective working closely with the CFO, CEO and other key executive team members. As COO, you will participate in the development and execution of strategic plans to grow the organization both organically and through strategic acquisition. As a subsidiary of NFP, you will work closely with NFP leadership for seamless integration.
This is a full-time role that will work out of our Los Angeles office at least three days a week.
What You’ll be Doing
- Lead Ground Control’s operations functions managing the Director of Operations and Operations Staff, including staffing decisions, onboarding new employees, and onboarding new clients
- Partner with the CFO to ensure that all employees are working effectively and efficiently as it relates billable time to the firm and while maintaining adequate realization levels for all clients. Ensure that client service budgets are being met
- Implement a strategy to optimally scale the operations area in support of continued business growth and strategic acquisitions
- Interface with departmental leaders as well as NFP departmental leaders to drive a wide variety of initiatives with technology, HR, tax
- Develop a solid fundamental understanding of the entertainment business management space, including the roles and responsibilities of Bookkeepers, Account Managers, Staff Accountants, Managers, Managing Directors and Operational staff
- Partner with all of the following (but not limited to) the vendors and business partners below
- Banking relationships at all levels including full integration of accounting systems
- Accounting software relationships
- Insurance relationships both directly with NFP and outside relationships
- Medical billing and guild reporting relationships
- Credit reporting and Cyber security relationships
- Tax and related software relationships
- Timekeeping and Billing systems relationships
- Reviews ongoing business and tax changes as a result of legislation and/or current events and present a plan of implementation for our employees and our clients
Who You Are
- A humble leader who sets their ego aside
- A team player who understands the value that collaboration will bring to the growth of the organization
- An excellent communicator who listens well and seeks to understand
- Strong ability to improve up on process while keeping the customer experience in mind
- You are a college graduate with at least 10 years of operations leadership experience from a professional services environment; Preferably coming from an accounting or law firm
- You have at least 5 years’ experience leading a team of 50 people or more
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The base salary range for this position in California is $250,000 – $300,000.
The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.