Account Executive - PCG (hybrid or remote-EST)
Location: Voorhees Township, New Jersey
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com.
The Role at NFP
The Account Executive interacts with clients on a day-to-day basis while developing and maintaining relationships with both client and carrier representatives. The Account Executive will prepare applications, specifications and marketing strategy for new business as well as the renewals of assigned clients with some degree of supervision and approval from their Supervisor. This role may require the employee to take on the role of lead consultant and primary point of contact for their assigned clients. The Account Executive may have revenue goals and/or client retention targets.
We offer a hybrid work schedule from our Morristown, NJ office. We are also open to well-experienced remote hires with PCG/HNW coverage and carrier experience and are able to work EST hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Negotiates terms, conditions, coverage limits and pricing with carriers and wholesalers.
- Works with the Claims Department on relevant claims for assigned clients.
- Responsible for accurate information such as updated exposures, driver information, reporting forms, signed endorsements and miscellaneous information to avoid any E&O claims.
- Maintains a follow-up system to ensure policies, endorsements and other information is received to comply with requests
- May supervise or direct the daily job activities of the Coordinators and Account Managers
- Build and maintain strong relationships with carriers, and clients through regular contact and client visits. Keep clients apprised of appropriate industry trends and events, including all state and federal regulatory issues
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Excellent written communication skills – writes clearly; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numeric data effectively; able to read and interpret written information
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people/personalities
- Strong leadership skills
- Possess technical expertise plus solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner
- Must possess strong attention to detail, decision-making and problem resolution skills
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Must have Personal Lines and High Net Worth/Private Client Group (PCG) client coverage experience
- P&C license required upon hire
- P&C Account/Client Management experience
- Familiarity with major markets, such as AIG, Chubb/ACE, PURE and Cincinnati Financial. This includes knowledge of their products, appetite and experience with their quoting systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly professional and self-motivated
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with clients, colleagues, and carriers
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, and Excel
Education and/or Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 3 years of Personal Lines industry and product line experience
- In addition to familiarity with the major markets as mentioned above, a familiarity with carriers such as Travelers and Progressive as well as The National Flood Ins. Program
- Experience with Epic a plus
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The base salary range for this position is 85k-110k. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, the skill level required for the position, the scope of the position and geographic location. The actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.