Location: Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
The Role at NFP
Summary: This is a support role, assisting the account teams with basic administrative and other support functions in the team's day-to-day servicing of clients. The coordinator will work closely with the Account Manager to research, gather clients information, and participate in special projects and trainings with the team that will assist in their learning and development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research rate comparisons for benchmarking
- Compile benefits guides and open enrollment guides with direction from Account Managers
- Review clients’ SPDs and provide feedback to Account Manager
- Provide deliverables to clients (comp statements)
- Work closely with Account managers to prepare for client audit
- May have direct contact with vendors for simple questions or requests
- Learns to compile data for the Account Manager to use in proposals and insurance plan analyses, may assist in preparing proposals and spreadsheeting results
- Assists team in answering administrative questions from clients (ie: ID cards, claim processing)
- Creates and maintain client files in accordance with office procedures.
- Learns to do basic policy review; will gain understanding of basic industry concepts, and carrier products and services
- May assist team in scheduling meetings as their first client interaction
- Learns to prepare insurance company proposal requests and spreadsheeting results including benefits and rates
- Assists Account Teams in their preparation for client meetings. Will print and bind presentations prior to meetings and assist in meeting agenda preparation. May assist in reviewing presentations for grammar, formatting and verification of rates/benefits.
- Assist in coordinating client mailings, communications or packets related to Open Enrollment, as directed by the Account Manager.
- Assists Account Managers with implementation of new business, and group application completion and processing as directed by the Account Manager
- Create and maintain client calendar, to ensure completion of pending items and future deliverables.
- Assists in research of questions regarding benefits and vendor/carrier products and services.
- Assists with problem resolution on claims, billing and eligibility issues with carriers
- Assist Account Managers in the gathering of form 5500 information
- Create and maintain files and client data; maintain client data Salesforce, as directed by Account Manager; assemble enrollment materials for clients.
- Assist Account Managers, Specialists, and others in the office with administrative duties.
- Maintain library of life and benefits magazine publications, insurance company newsletters, legislative updates, and reference materials.
- Attend seminars and classes related to the department and to prepare for L&H License.
- Participate in training regarding carrier products and systems
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and anticipate client and team needs
- Effective time management and decision making skills
- Diligent follow up skills
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
Education and/or Experience:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- 0-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration: License is generally not required at this level but may be required per state law
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.