Customer Service Associate, Insurance -Retention/Conservation (remote)
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
Lenox Advisors brings together sophisticated solutions in wealth management and insurance services to high-net-worth individuals and their families. As a wholly owned subsidiary of NFP Corp, we combine the culture of a boutique firm with the stability and backing of a large corporation to create an environment that's truly unique. NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Position Summary & Overall purpose:
Provide technical guidance, information and procedural advice on a variety of complex customer service issues requiring knowledge of financial products and transactions. Identify, recommend, and implement conservation approaches to enhance policy retention and improve persistency. Respond to telephone or electronic inquiries/service requests of the most complex nature. Process complex transactions within service standards. Conduct research to complete the service request.
As part of the conservation process, identify other service opportunities and assess how to assist the client.
Resolve specialized/complex, high-impact service requests for multiple divisions/products. May also resolve escalated calls and complex issues. Provide superior client service by identifying the client’s wants and needs, acting on, and/or delegating items and following through to completion while keeping all parties informed throughout the process.
This is a jr. level role and does not consist of settling or collections of bills, but will provide outreach when the bill goes past due so that payment is made before policy lapses.
This is a full-time opportunity, with a remote option for experienced hires.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Takes a proactive lead on conserving the Relationship Manager’s existing block of business by locating notifying clients via phone or email of overdue insurance premiums.
- Tracks all attempts and progress in MOSAIC (the CRM) and keeps the Relationship Manager and Client Service Associate informed of problematic cases.
- Interacts on a daily basis with clients, Relationship Managers, Client Service Associates and internal MM departments to ensure proper and timely execution of client requests.
- Informs clients on various payment options (i.e. credit card, ACH drafts, MM phone application, MM website) as well as where to mail payments.
- Facilitates transactions (i.e. credit card, ACH drafts, duplicate bill requests).
- Researches and follows through on a variety of information requests and assist with problem resolution.
- Identifies potential new sales opportunities through premium retention communications with clients.
- Ensures data accuracy in MOSAIC.
- Requires sophisticated client contact research capabilities.
- Administers address change transactions and updates both MOSAIC and carrier.
Required Core Competencies:
Delivering Value to Our Customers
- Customer Focus
Aligning Business Strategy and Goals
- Business Acumen
Driving Continuous Improvement
- Improvement & Innovation
- Judgment/Decision Making
Building Skills and Flexibility
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong knowledge of MassMutual products and the ability to articulate complex, technical product features preferred
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills/reporting skills/demonstrates problem resolution skills
- Strong customer service orientation/proven relationship-building skills
- MOSAIC or other CRM Task Management Best Practices preferred
- Relationship building skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong diplomacy and negotiation skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Makes decisions in the face of uncertainty
- Excellent written, verbal, listening and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to adapt to changing technologies
- Ability to efficiently navigate through multiple systems
- Individuals must thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Be assertive and win support from others. Influences and shapes the decisions of others
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills. Looks beyond symptoms to identify causes of problems. Analyzes problems from different points of view
- Strong competency in dealing with ambiguity and uncertainty, ability to assimilate information and communicate confidently
- Develops effective working relationships with people within the department, management, and client base
- Meets customer commitments accurately and timely. Be results driven and have the ability to multi-task without jeopardizing attention to detail
- Become a stakeholder in the future of our organization – making suggestions that continually improve the way we provide customer service
- Team oriented; demonstrates a service attitude
- Cares about delivering quality
- Planning & Organizing
- Confident / Assertive
- Take personal ownership for delivery of superior results; conscientious
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to meeting the needs of internal and external clients
- Microsoft Office Suite with strong Excel fluency required
- High School Diploma Required. College Degree Preferred
- 1-3 Years of Customer Service Experience
- 1-3 plus Years of Industry Experience Preferred
- Life and Health License not required to start. May be requested and sponsored later in the role
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others. The base salary range for this position is $40,000 – $62,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by